What do most people dip their new corals in?

phisigs79

Zoas?

LPS?

SPS?

Fish?

I have heard of Ro water, lugols, flatworm exit and interceptor for dips but dont know how they are used as dips or what you can/should dip them in. I recently bought some Lugols but not sure if it kills anything like flatworms,redbugs, or anything else.

Good question, I'd be interested to hear what people do as well. I followed some directions I found online: bought some tincture of iodine from CVS and added a few drops in a liter of aquarium water, soaked for 20 min?

Zoas?

LPS?

SPS?

Fish?

I have heard of Ro water, lugols, flatworm exit and interceptor for dips but dont know how they are used as dips or what you can/should dip them in. I recently bought some Lugols but not sure if it kills anything like flatworms,redbugs, or anything else.

where did you see that? i always wondered if that stuff was the same for dipping purposes.

I think your losing it :biggrin:

Red Bugs: INTERCEPTOR (6 hours) Used for Heartworms in dogs

Acro Eating Flatworms: Tropic Marin PRO-CORAL CURE (15minutes)

Monti eating Nuibrancs (and Acro Eating Flatworms): Levamisole (15-20minutes) is used to: A) treat patients with stage III colon cancer after they have had surgery to remove the tumor, or as much of the tumor as possible. In stage III colon cancer, the cancer has spread to nearby lymph nodes. B) deworm pigs

All bad things on wild zoanthids: look on the zoanthid forum on RC the dip recipe is pinned (I don't have access to give you the link) It's fresh water, lugols, flatworm exit (from salifert), and you need a specific pH and temp for it to work.

Edited by Leishman

here it is"

1. Using a 5 gallon white bucket, add 3 gallons of RO water.

2. Now add 1 or 2 drops of Lugol's Iodine per gallon of RO water.

3. Set your PH to 8.2

4. Set your water temp. at 78 degrees

5. If you have some Flatworm exit made my Saliferts, add

2 drops per gallon to the RO water to kill any Flatworms

Place the colony in the white bucket right side up. Leaving it there for about 5 minutes. Then grab the rock and invert it and place it in the water 3 inches below the water surface. Now twist the rock as fast as you can in a clockwise and counterclockwise motion for at least a minute."

do sundials populate fast? Also can we pin this thread? i think it would be usefull

I dip mine in Purina coral dip

I also feed them Purina coralchow.

They love it and wave their tenticles relentlesly.

darn. You beat me to it. I was going to suggest Tobacco.

Acro Eating Flatworms: Tropic Marin PRO-CORAL CURE (15minutes)

Everything ^ Then follow w/ freshwater dip for zoas and visual inspection of everything with a magnifying glass and tweezers.