Anyone need bulbs?

eddi

Hi all,

I lost a bulb yesterday and since I will need to replace the ones over one of my tanks next month I figured I would do a large purchase and see if I could get a discount.

I use 250W XM bulbs, both 10k and 20k, and so far Inreef.com has the best prices I have found.  I plan on placing an order on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, let me know if you want in.

Thanks.

Update:  I found thise site with much better prices.  In addition to their XM being on sale, they are offering a $6 per bulb discount for quantities over 10:

http://www.coralreefecosystems.com/ltg_bul....20Bulbs

Eddi,

The 250W, 10K XM lamps are like $48 on sale.

Plus they will offer $6/lamp off. That makes it at $42.

So $84 for 2 lamps.

Put me in for 2 250W 10K single ended lamps.

Doesn't hurt to stock up.

-krish

Guest Wombat

Hi Eddi,

Put me down for 2 10K XMs. You can't beat that price!

Cheers,

Simon

I'm looking for 2 DIY kits for: PFO HQI, XM 10k 250w

Seems like one place doesn't have the XMs and the next doesn't carry the HQI pendants.

Any suggestions on where to get these on the cheap?

Eddi!

I might want to add just a little bit onto an order......

I was planning to make this order in the near future.

This is for my bros system

2 x 175 XM 20 Ks  bulbs (I have the ballast allready)

2 x spider Reflectors with sockets

2 x Fans

And of course for mine....

2 x retrofit 250watt 10K systems (reflectors, ballast, bulbs)

2 x PC96 watt actinics

2 x reflectors for the PCs

2 x Fans

here is my dilemma....

I like the retrofit systems on DIYREEF.com. They are electronic and I really don't have to do much wiring. (SCORE!)

I like the fans that hellolights sells because they come prewired and they have sceens with them. Making my job easier.  

I am about to order two 75gallon systems from GC. One is going to be my brothers FO system (175w 20K) and one is going to be my sps coral system (250w 10K + pc96w actinics)

I am Trying to keep things as low as possible and still not worry when I am not at home whether my App is going to catch fire.

Anybody got any ideas?  

Oh and what is the deal with HQI? I hear they run hotter and are more expensive. Is there any benefit to them over regular MH bulbs?

Oh and what is the deal with HQI? I hear they run hotter and are more expensive. Is there any benefit to them over regular MH bulbs?

"HQI" ballasts use more power, ballast generates more heat, send more power to the bulb, bulb generates more heat, and in most cases you get a bit more output from the bulb.

I am not aware of a 175 "HQI"

IMHO It all depends on the application and the person:

The constant upgrader should get the HQI since it will run double ended bulbs as well.

The person who knows the bulb type and color they like, should get the matching ballast.

Cheers.

I was trying to see if I should go Dual 250 HQI in my 75 or just plain old mogul. I am not hearing anything that would sway me toward the HQIs. If they have a significant benefit over the standard I would seriously consider bumping up 60 bucks more for them.

B

I would like to have the order delievered by the weekend so I will call the company today and see whether I have to place the order today or I can wait until tomorrow.

Here is what I have so far, in addition to mine:

1) Krish - 2 XM 250W 10k

2) Simon - 2 XM 250W 10K

3) Chip - 3 250W 10K (you did not specify XM, please confirm)

Byron,  so have you made up your mind?  What do you want to order, if anything?

Phil, Premiun Aquatics has PRO retro kits but not HQI.  Take a look here: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchan....de=PFOr

Do you want to order bulbs now?

Thanks.

Yes I have made up my mind.

Since we need to get this order over 10 bulbs...

Let me get

2x 175w XM 20k bulbs

2x 250w XM 10K bulbs

2x Toyo 76 fan kits  (item#008-086-FK)

Oh yeah and extra Cheese.

B

Guest Wombat

I have a PFO ballast that fires my XM 250W 20K bulb so it should fire the 10K too.

Simon

I have a PFO ballast that fires my XM 250W 20K bulb so it should fire the 10K too.

Simon

i have a 250w pfo ballast thats running 10ks as of yesterday. so far so good nice white light too. IMO better than the 65k that were in it and i think they were ushios or hamiltons. G

OK folks,

I called the company and was told that they did not have a large supply on hand so they will need 48 hours once they get our order to restock.  

I will place our order tomorrow at 1:00 PM, if anyone else would like to join in.  I will have the bulbs delivered to my house and then we can make arrangements for pick up.  I'll put the order on my credit card, I will PM everyone with their total once I have a final count and find out how much shipping will be.

Thanks.

Okay,

I'm in.  Too many issues with HQI: Heat, Space, Cost, UV glass.....

I'll take 2 250w XM 10k SE bulbs.  

Thanks Eddie!!!  

Phil

I have placed the order for the bulbs.  There was an issue with the over 10 quantity discount, he claimed it did not apply to sale prices (the 250W 10k bulbs are on sale).  We agreed to meet in the middle and he gave me the bulbs for $45.

So, here is the order:

Krish:  2 XM 250W 10k      - $90

Simon: 2 XM 250W 10k      - $90

Chip:   3 XM 250W 10k      - $135

Byron: 2 XM 175W 20k       - $87.90

2 XM 250W 10k      - $90

2 Toyo 76 Fan Kits  - $67.90

Tri Bui: 2 XM 250W 10k      - $90

Phil:     2 XM 250W 10k      - $90

Eddi:    5 XM 250W 10k      - $225

4 XM 250W 20k      - $192

Ground shipping should be around $20, the order is scheduled to go out on Friday and be here before next weekend (11/20-11/21).

Thanks.