What LFS in MD carrys T5 bulbs?

rooroo

One of my T5 bulbs blew due to user error. Its only a few weeks old but I didn't know I needed my fans blowing on the bulbs whenever they're on, so one (possibly both) prematurely expired. I still have my actinics running daily but I'd like to get a replacement ASAP and don't really have the cash right now to buy 6 bulbs like I normally do from Premium Aquatics and don't really want to wait till next week for shipping. So what LFS has T5s in stock in MD? I'm willing to take a trip to Baltimore, but would prefer a place in the Rockville area.

Edited by rooroo

(edited)

I can get them shipped to me by tuseday too, but hoping I wouldnt have to do that. Just wondering if one of the stores in the B'more area carried them. I'll have to make a few phone calls.

Edited by rooroo

Fantastic! They're pretty much right down the street from work and thats a decent price for a LFS.

Fantastic! They're pretty much right down the street from work and thats a decent price for a LFS.

Well for Congressional that's a awesome price.

On Congressional Lane, in Congressional Plaza, in Rockville.

:biggrin:

Well sure, that makes sense. :bluefish:

:wink:

Huhh, I'll have check that today- Congressional usually have high price but $20 for T-5. That's a bit too cheap compared to on-line stores.

Exotic Aquatic in Baltimore carries a lot of lights include T-5, I remember the price was real cheap compared to all LFS I checked in MD.

I called Congressional and they have 36" T5s in stock. I forgot to ask about price but if they're in the $20-$25 range, I'm willing to pay.

I stopped there an hour ago, they have 48" T-5 too but all T-5 they have are NO not HO. Aquarium One say that they may order bulbs if you check with them.

I bought two of them last night. They are the NO T5s (21 watt 36" bulbs), but those bulbs will do for me in a pinch right now. So no, not the greatest price, but I can order some HO ones soon. Luckily the IceCap ballast will adjust to the wattage of them. The NO one are pretty freaking bright I might add.

I bought two of them last night. They are the NO T5s (21 watt 36" bulbs), but those bulbs will do for me in a pinch right now. So no, not the greatest price, but I can order some HO ones soon. Luckily the IceCap ballast will adjust to the wattage of them. The NO one are pretty freaking bright I might add.

Icecap ballast will overdrive those bulbs by about 20% so that's why it's bright. I've been in contact with many LFS to see which would get best prices on HO bulbs. Maybe we can do group buy and all of us get bulbs all arrive at once rather than have store order it again and again. Plus, bulk order tends to cut down the mark-up prices.

(edited)

I'd be interested in that. I'd only want 3-4 bulbs since they last so long. Maybe, I shudder slightly, Rick's can get them? I know that Aquatic Creations cannot (asked already). Or we can do a group by from one of the stores in Rockville or Baltimore. Or even a group buy online so we pay one price for shipping.

Edited by rooroo

Rick'll just charge a lot more mark-up. That place of business have no interest in helping with orders. I've tried order the impeller from them- I told them I'll call back to confirm the model number, they hung up on me.

I'm following up with Exotic Aquarium- they have a lot of lights at GREAT price, BRK- Dhoch have ordered from them, they'll get back to me after florida vaction, Aquarium One- owner said he'll let me know by Friday. I'm still scanning the LFS in MD/VA/DC area that do those type of orders.

Edited by TROLL

Well, its seems either the NO bulbs aren't appropriate for this application, or I've got something messed up in my wiring/endcaps. At least one is no longer lighting after less than 24 hours (can't tell since the ballast won't light if even one bulb doesn't work). IceCap said they should work with ventillation, which I've got plenty of. Any suggestions?

I guess I'll be ordering some online tonight.

I just got extra icecap 660 ballast by accident on eBay- forgot to cancel the bid when I got 2 660.

Well, its seems either the NO bulbs aren't appropriate for this application, or I've got something messed up in my wiring/endcaps. At least one is no longer lighting after less than 24 hours (can't tell since the ballast won't light if even one bulb doesn't work). IceCap said they should work with ventillation, which I've got plenty of. Any suggestions?

I guess I'll be ordering some online tonight.

Remember Ice caps will overdrive those bulbs, potentially damage them so 25w 48" might wont cut it. If you order on-line, lemme know what's price you getting- T-5 are bad shipper tho, might be safe bet to go with LFS ordering them for you.

PM sent. We'll see if this works out.

Troll,

I asked in the IceCap forum on RC and the IceCap rep said with good ventillation they would be fine. But he may have been wrong. Either way I'll go back to the proper wattage and give it a try again.