Aquarium One Experience

TROLL

I went there today after picking up group buy order from Raf. He actually went beyond and helped me by placing my order with Aquarium One. The owner was out today, I think he was picking up large marine shipment today and Anthony was left running the store.

I'm very impressed with Anthony, he is excellent with customer service and easy to communicate. The store overall show the promise of improvement- it's still have a bit to go before it become well stocked store. There's plenty of livestocks and price is pretty fair unlike other LFS.

One thing I would suggest for this place to improve is putting in large skimmer- I didn't see any in store and their SW tanks would need a bit to clear up. The condition of tanks aren't bad but clearing up would certainly help with eye-catching attractions.

This store get 4.8 stars out of 5 from me :) I'll stop by more often rather than other LFS in the area, they all don't meet the pricing and needs that I'm looking for in the store.

AO is the main LFS I go to for all my livestock. They have shipments for livestock everyweek either Friday or Saturday. Coral prices are also right on the mark, if compared to online not including shipping. The owner is always helpful and detemined to give you a decent deal. As Troll mentioned, AO has lots of potenital.

Great, good to see this business growing! I'm going to make a stop over this evening and hope to see some of new shipment there if they haven't sold out yet.

• 2 months later...

I wasn't terribly impressed. I wasn't put off by them either. Their staff is very helpful, however... I went by there during my lunch break a few days ago and the corals looked nice, but their fish wern't that great. Saw a dead clown and a dead damsel in two different tanks, and a rabbitfish that didn't look too good. I know LFS have losses, but I don't want to see them laying in the tank! Their dry goods selection was pretty skimpy too. Maybe I hit them on an off day? I'll go back maybe next week late in the week and see how things look. They have lots of salt tanks though so there is obvious potential! Plus if the staff seems knowledgable...

Edited by rooroo

Guest JasonD

Staff is very helpful. Not much fish selection at this point...most SW tanks are empty; I guess they are still ramping up.

Yes, last time I went there- I wasn't even impressed... There was a couple of dead fish laying around and selection is still left to be desired. Maybe they're still overwhelmed with the busniess and haven't gotten around to the point where they can go through inventories, orders, stablize their tanks, etc.

Give them 3 more months and see how it turns out.

• 1 month later...

Went to AO today, great staff, they really know what they talking about. I was buying a yellow tang and the staff was even catch the fish out of the frag tank for me. they get 5 out of 5 from me. Definitely a must for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JasonD

Went back recently to check out their livestock. Lot's of sick fish in the tanks, and most tanks have a green slime algae on the bottom. A ways to go until they are up to the standard of fish husbandry like BRK or Exotic Aquatics.

Went back recently to check out their livestock. Lot's of sick fish in the tanks, and most tanks have a green slime algae on the bottom. A ways to go until they are up to the standard of fish husbandry like BRK or Exotic Aquatics.

Hey Jason. I just want to let you know, those fish had just come in from the wholesaler the day before. That is why many of them weren't actively swimming around the tanks. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask an associate or give us a call.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JasonD

I was back in the other day, and I must say that the livestock and general condition of the tanks looked much better. In fact, as good as any other LFS. Prices seemed pretty good and I was pleased to see a full selection of Salifert test kits.

• 1 month later...

i haven't really looked around the store, I just went there to order my lights then to pick up my lights. The guy remembered me when I came in for the pickup. I didn't realize anyone from WAMAS worked there - he told me when I asked him if they give a discount to members (they do give a discount, but too bad for me not on lighting). I didn't want to go through the hassle of online shopping, so I had called a few places about the lighting - AO was the lowest.

I just got back from AO and everything looked like it was in pretty good shape. They have a beautiful, large Red Goniporr that I almost picked up for $140.

whats the address of this place :)

It's in Wintergreen Plaza, just a few miles up from Congressional on the same side of the road as Congressional.