Just a quick Hello

Guest navajo

Guest navajo

Good morning! I just joined this forum and wanted to stop in and say HELLO!

I have been in the SW hobby for about 3 years and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thank you,

Tom

Guest navajo

Thank you all so much! Yes I am also on RC (as navajo also).

Looking forward to getting to know some local reef friends!

Take care!

Tom

Guest navajo

I am in the mountains behind Front Royal. It's a little place called Chester Gap.

Edited by navajo

I am in the mountains behind Front Royal. It's a little place called Chester Gap.

I thought the world just dropped off after those mountains! There is actually something past them?

Just Kidding. Welcome to the board, from another member in the sticks.... Come to the next meeting and say hello.

Guest navajo

Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes there is SOMETHING after the mountains, but not much! :wink:

As they say, "It's not the End of the Earth, but you can see it from here!"

So, when, where is the next meeting? I know there is one tomorrow, but can't make that one unfortunately. Are they bi-monthly?

Thanks,

Tom

Welcome...it's a great group :cheers: ....heck...I probably have one of the lowest postings... (compared to the 2000+) ...! :biggrin:

Nadir

Edited by NRehman

Guest navajo

I go out to Strasburg quite a bit for R&R so I might be able to swap frags with you from time to time.

Cool. I would love to. Only problem is I don't have much in the way of corals yet. But I am going to try to rectify that this weekend at Blue Ribbon Koi. :biggrin:

At the moment, I have a 210 GAL tank with some Candy Cane, Anthellia, and a couple leathers. But it is a work in progress!

Thank you all!

Cool, be sure to post pictures.....we love pictures :lol: You will have no problems finding stuff at BRK. Also look up Sean at Finn and Feathers since you'll be close to his shop as well.

Guest navajo

Cool, be sure to post pictures.....we love pictures :lol: You will have no problems finding stuff at BRK. Also look up Sean at Finn and Feathers since you'll be close to his shop as well.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in BRK. Bugging John...

Where is Finn and Feathers? I THINK I have been there in the past.

Edited by navajo

Guest navajo

Thanks for the link. I HAVE been in there a few years back. Had forgotten all about it.

Thanks for the reminder!

Guest Adso

Welcome navajo! My parents live outside of Front Royal near Browntown. Beautiful area. Looking forward to some pics.

Guest navajo

Welcome navajo! My parents live outside of Front Royal near Browntown. Beautiful area. Looking forward to some pics.

Cool! It IS a beautiful area. Kind of bites to have to drive so far to work though. I'll try to post some pics in the next few days. Don't anticipate too much though, nothing to brag about yet! :rollface:

Tom

Guest navajo

Hi!!

A few years back? Has F&F been around for a few years?

Well, i guess it's all relative... it was probably more like 2 years or so. I am PRETTY sure that's where i went. I stopped in a lot of stores when i first got started and was commuting to DC every day. If, I am mistaken... well... it wouldn't be even CLOSE to the first time! :rollface:

Tom

Excellent! Thanks, Doug.

I'll see if I can swing it. My wife works weekends and I have to watch the kids. May just load up and bring them too.

Tom

You know, I worked in the Ronald Reagan Building for 3 1/2 years and never walked across the street to check out the Aquarium. How sad is that!?

Tom