Watch Out for Gman91

ASaleem91

Hey,

About a month ago I bought lights from a guy on this board known as Gman91. The deal was great, a dual 250W ballast with 2 bulbs for pretty cheap. When I got home from his house and connected everything up I found out that one of the bulbs which he sold me wasnt working. It was pretty late that day when I found out so I decided to call him the next day so I didnt disturb him. So when I called him the next day we came to an agreement where he specifically said "I will give you $20 next week when I get my paycheck, I have gotten in an accident." Well its been about a month and I have contacted him asking him if he has come up with the 20 dollars and I got his reply to day.

He came up with an excuse saying that I checked to see if the lights worked at his house, which I didnt, and said that I broke them myself. I have two witnesses. One was with me and saw that I didnt try the lights. Another was with me when I was talking to him about the $20, I had put him on speaker. Now when I try sending him a pm it says that he has blocked me and that he is uncontactable.

You guys be the judges who is doing the wrong thing here. Just a heads up, do not buy anything from this guy.

Ali

Edited by ASaleem91

Well, it is pretty sad when a simple deal goes wrong and a the seller will not make things right for $20.

Of course, there are 2 side to every story. The lesson learned is to make sure anything you buy used is tested before the money is exchanged. A lesson worth $20 is the long run.

Gman91, what is your side of the story?

Well, it is pretty sad when a simple deal goes wrong and a the seller will not make things right for $20.

Of course, there are 2 side to every story. The lesson learned is to make sure anything you buy used is tested before the money is exchanged. A lesson worth $20 is the long run.

Two truer things were never said.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

I bought from him in the past and he gave me a good deal on a 40g breeder. You as a buyer should check everything you buy before you pay for it. Maybe it worked last for him and somehow broke in storage and he didnt know. You cant assume that he intentionally sold you a dead bulb. As for him not paying you the $20 and blocking you, well thats another story. Gman whats the deal?

Slightly OT but I vaguely remember a stickie at the top of the buy/sell forum recommending that people know who they are buying from, check out the items before exchanging money, etc. I looked yesterday though and can't seem to locate it.

Slightly OT but I vaguely remember a stickie at the top of the buy/sell forum recommending that people know who they are buying from, check out the items before exchanging money, etc. I looked yesterday though and can't seem to locate it.

Here ya go

I do appreciate the lack of bashing so far.

But,

I pulled this from the members card;

Last Active Today, 05:25 PM

This member has been on since this post was created, but has failed to reply, at least here.

Let's give em another day and then you guys can have at it. :biggrin:

well, just found this thread. When I sold the light, everything was perfectly functioning to my knowledge, I would never intentionally rip someone off, I am not that kind of person. The reason I am not paying him $20, is that when i sold the light, everything was working, after it leaves my hands, i have no control over the situation, I also gave him $60+ off of my asking price in the first place. I also never promised to give $20, I said that I might think about it.Anyone that comes and buys something from me has any and every right to test it out before they leave my house, if you don't do that, and something happens, the responsibility is on you.

Thanks to Weapon X for letting me know this was going on. :cheers:

Gman91 Im sorry but you did promise to give me 20 dollars within the next week. I called you and put you on speaker, my brother and I heard you say that you will give me 20 dollars. Also when I left your house you told me if I had any problems to call you. So I did and you said that you would refund me 20 dollars next week because you had just gotten into an accident and you didnt have any money.

I still dont understand why you lied and said that I tested it out at your house in a PM. If your telling the truth what is the point of lying in the first place?

I would greatly appreciate it if you please explained to me why you had said this lie.

Edited by ASaleem91

Guest tgallo

just Pm'd and settled the situation, let's not let this thing get blown out of hand.

I agree.

As the Membership Director, I wanted to take a moment about this post and others like it! Our membership has grown over the last couple of years to the point we have become a small town! :cheers:

We have over 600 active members alone since the first of the year which is AWESOME and I congrats everyone for doing their part to invite friends, family and loved ones in joining and making our group what it is today!

But with such a group of this size invites different opinions, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs in EVERYTHING! I'm going to use the words COMMON SENSE, but as we all know, Common Sense is not always so Common! :lol2: When buying items, check them out if you can and if you can't ask permission to allow you to take them home and do so with no recourse. Do this in advance, not later!!! Keep in mind, electrical items can work great one moment, but when they go, they just GO! Livestock pretty much like always, they look great when you purchase, they should be ok when you get them home, it YOU do your part to acclimate and treat them with respect! The seller got them to you, its up to you to get them home! :wink:

With such a wide group posting now, you, me and everyone must be on their best behavior and do your best to ALWAYS do the RIGHT THING when it comes to selling, buying, trading items to the group and talking about, to and for other members! Practice the Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have done unto you"!

2006 was a growing year for everyone and we had our share of issues and hurdles to overcome, which I hope everyone came through for the better!

LETS HAVE A GREAT 2007!!!