I come home and it smells like smoke.....

kysmith

As the title states I've had a disaster. I've actually been luckier than I could have been. This travistry has not killed anything but has created a small flood (5 gallons lost I think) and blown a lot of my equipment (looked like an electrical fire actually started bf the water put it out and the circuit blew. The problem is the equipment that I have lost. I don't know how long it will take me to get my aquarium back to where it can sustain my corals. Here is my proposition to you. I have the following in my tank (no fish, just corals) that I need taken care of from somewhere from a week to several weeks. If you put them in your tank I will give some/parts of them to you.

1 squamosa clam

1 crocea

1 pink birds nest frag

1 blue/green acro frag

1 single polop of blue ricordia

red cap frag

a rock of red zoos the size of someone's fist

about 7 orange zoos intermingled with a few green zoos

couple of snails (if you turn these guys away it won't break my heart)

NO FISH need homes bc I have none

White Xenia that I would like to live but if you don't want it in your tank I do understand

So if you can watch them for an unspecified amount of time while I get everything back together and running I will give you some frags, or whole corals, or money. We can negociate what exactly you want beforehand.

This would be a great opportunity for someone with a bigger tank bc you would barely notice these things as they are not very big. Then you can add some nice looking corals to your tank.

Please call me with interest in helping me out with this, while helping yourself increase your own coral collection.

703 585 6866

or email 404kyle@gmail.com

I live in arlington and will deliver to you so long as it is within an hour. I'd like to do this tonight but can do tomorrow too.

Kyle

Edited by kysmith

I'm in laurel MD my lights are currenty off my tank, but I'm puttin them back on tomorrow. Presently it's a low flow tank a fluval 405 and a 145 gph power head, and the out flow from the skimmer, while I'm working on installing my Mag pump set up. Amonia is zero, trites are zero, trates stay under 10. I've got as inhabitants in my tank

*Elibi angel

*Bi-color angel

*Clarkii Clown

*Blue leg hemits <-- said to be snail hunters

*Red tip hermits

* Misc snails

* Kenya tree

Some Zoas though recently mia, I belive my crabs, as follows stole them it was ancored to a very small piece of LR

*1 sally light foot

*3 emralds

Oh lighting is 300 + watts worth of T5 lights

I really need some sand from from some ones house down there, So i may or may not be traveling ddown there soon, give me a call or email me , or better until ten you can reach me at

~Jason

Edited by jason the filter freak

If we can work out a time for you to bring the stuff to my place I have a pretty good amount of space but I have not had the best luck with SPS, although I have only tried once. I have tons of softies and some LPS. I have a 210, 46, and 20 long attached to the same system. I am at work tonight till around 10:45, you can call if you haven't found an alternative. Maybe we can work it out. 301-735-2380All my tanks should have enough light for your corals.

David

As the title states I've had a disaster. I've actually been luckier than I could have been. This travistry has not killed anything but has created a small flood (5 gallons lost I think) and blown a lot of my equipment (looked like an electrical fire actually started bf the water put it out and the circuit blew. The problem is the equipment that I have lost. I don't know how long it will take me to get my aquarium back to where it can sustain my corals. Here is my proposition to you. I have the following in my tank (no fish, just corals) that I need taken care of from somewhere from a week to several weeks. If you put them in your tank I will give some/parts of them to you.

1 squamosa clam

1 crocea

1 pink birds nest frag

1 blue/green acro frag

1 single polop of blue ricordia

red cap frag

a rock of red zoos the size of someone's fist

about 7 orange zoos intermingled with a few green zoos

couple of snails (if you turn these guys away it won't break my heart)

NO FISH need homes bc I have none

White Xenia that I would like to live but if you don't want it in your tank I do understand

So if you can watch them for an unspecified amount of time while I get everything back together and running I will give you some frags, or whole corals, or money. We can negociate what exactly you want beforehand.

This would be a great opportunity for someone with a bigger tank bc you would barely notice these things as they are not very big. Then you can add some nice looking corals to your tank.

Please call me with interest in helping me out with this, while helping yourself increase your own coral collection.

703 585 6866

or email 404kyle@gmail.com

I live in arlington and will deliver to you so long as it is within an hour. I'd like to do this tonight but can do tomorrow too.

Kyle

Kyle I just spoke to you, I'm Raf, if your white xenia and blue ricordia goes byebye I have some I could frag you a piece. If you need help with the clams and cap let me know I have them both on my tank doing extremely well and wouldn't be a problem holding them for you. I'll PM you my contact info.

Raf

Hey man, I have a SPS tank and a softy tank, bring what ever you need over and I'll keep it for you till your ready. I'm home now, and will be awake till midnight and am in Alexandria.

Dan

703-966-3057

I have a mixed reef and can keep anything which you want me to keep for you. Zoo's and ricordia are doing the best in my tank. I can keep you clams but I dont know if my angel would nip on them.

Ali

Edited by ASaleem91

Very sorry for your meltdown. One of my pumps literally melted today too. I'm glad to see that so many people have offered you assistance. I will also offer for the softies and clam. I know my tanks are fine for those. I think it's too new for SPS. If none of the previous offers pan out, let me know. I hope you can get back on your feet soon.

FYI; he doesn't check the board often. Livestock are in my 180 or 45 fuge/sump area. Hopefully everything will make it. The Crocea had ... um... shredded stuff coming out of its butt. Sorry I'm new to this whole clam thing :)

Hehe...shredded stuff. That would be it's byssal threads. They use them to anchor themselves down.

Heh heh. I'm reminded of the Ren and Stimpy episode where Stimpy said "something came out of my BUTT!" Oh dear. Glad to hear that the livestock has a temporary home.

A big thank you to everyone here at wamas. I appreciate all of your responses and offers for help. Thankfully I've found a temporary home for everything and am currently sorting out what is broken and what is not. I hope to have everything back in the tank in the next few weeks, we'll see what the condition of my water is tonight. I didn't have time to test sunday as I had already committed to a fo-thanksgiving celebration since several family members will be out of the country for thanksgiving. Fo-thanksgiving took all day :(

I will update soon as to the condition of my tank.

Lastly, the real stinger was I just ordered a nano 6025 stream for the tank that I couldn't wait to try out. It arrives in the mail today. I guess I'll have to demo it at a later date.

Thank you again,

Kyle

FYI; he doesn't check the board often. Livestock are in my 180 or 45 fuge/sump area. Hopefully everything will make it. The Crocea had ... um... shredded stuff coming out of its butt. Sorry I'm new to this whole clam thing :)

Hey keeps trying to attach to the glass bottom of my tank and I keep moving him. It's just the stuff they try to anchor themselves with you can cut it off.