Gaithersburg Area Tank Tour 8/14/04

Eve

Peter Poggi (at the Quince Orchard end of Gaithersburg) and I (at the Motgomery Village end of Gaithersburg) wanted to let everyone know that you can stop by either of us on the tank tour date between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Saturday the 14th.   If you stop by Peter's house and leave there at 1:30 or so, you don't have to kill time until 3:00 pm to stop by my house.

I will have frags available for sale/trade (LPS/softies/SPS).  

BYOB (no - not bottles- that's bags :-)  I'm short on containers.

Eve,

If I can make it, I will bring you a bag of bags :) Might be out of town though :(

Members...Peter and Eve are trying hard to make this work, so pleaseeeeee try to make it out. no fun when someone opens up their house to members, officers, and the like...and no one shows. I saw Eve's tank last year during the tour (which was BEAUTIFUL!!!) and I don't recall seeing anyone else there. Just think if you opened up your house, and no one showed....

be there! (eve, if a 100 people show up, I did not write this)

Hey Rich,

That would be great - I could use extra bags but it would be great to see you (and for you and others of course to see the other tank I set up).

Peter's set-up is fairly new and I know he's hoping that people stop by because he is looking for suggestions on his set-up.  He's not particularly happy with the way his corals look and he's looking for lighting input.  

I'm thinking about ordering a tank from Glasscages so I would like to hear peoples' experience not only with them but I would like suggestions (what works - what you would change if you had to do it all over again, etc.).

Guest MDboyz

Opps.. never mind.. I found it.

However, do I need to to register on a list .. or I can just swing by?...

Thanks to Eve and Peter for opening up their homes and showing off their tanks.  I had a great time and got some new reef ideas for my own tank,  Once I get some more corals (thanks for getting me started, Eve) I'll host a tank tour of my own.  You can all charter a bus to get down here :)

Jon

Guest va_reefman

Eve,

I have a 180g tank/stand/canopy from them and very happy with it.  The tank has 2 2" holes drilled in the back wall and fitted with the heavy duty bulkheads by themalso.  I paid a total of $950 for everything.

HTH,

John

PS: I also had my stand raised up to 32" with a custom rim in the bottom too.  It would cost less without that option.

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather and came by for the tank tour.  I'm just sorry that I didn't really get a chance to hear more about your tanks.  It was especially nice to see/meet the spouses :-)

Gary and anyone else that couldn't make it - I still have frags left and I'm sure that I'll do more fragging once some of them get a little bigger or get more of a clear break place in them.  Shoot me a PM and we can set up a time so you guys and gals can come by.  

John - thanks for the info - I think I'm pretty sold on them and I want to raise my next stand too.  

Again - thanks to all who could make it yesterday!

Guest mikesroth

Eve and Peter,

Thanks for having us over to see your tanks.  Both of you all have some VERY, VERY Nice tanks!!!!!  Jen, Ryan and I loved your tanks.  Ryan even made a big deal out of seeing them.  You know you might be getting 'TOO' into this hobby when you go $1,500 for a tank?  That's not too bad... . :P (Jen commenting on Peter's HUGE acrylic tank)

Again, thanks for letting us see how you do things!!!!!!

Guest Houshan

Just wanted to thank Eve for having us over for the tank tour.  My wife and I really enjoyed it.

Sorry, I wasn't able to make over to Peter's house though. :(

Eve has an awesome tank but even better - she's a great person! :)  It was nice meeting everyone else and hope fully I'll be able to have my tank in a tank tour later this year or early next.

Also wanted to thank Eve for her frags and for putting up with me and my gushing over her corals! :D

- Jose