Bust

dryanimtt

So my tank just busted a seam while I was at work...... ... now I have no idea what to do with everything that was in there. I saved as much as I could in a brute can. But I have no other tank,.... sad day.. 2.5 years invested. Down the drain just like that0db22043a73b5a11af83209c4a02eaaf.jpgc2a9ff78e859b42635f335e37e891df9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dang sorry to hear it. Definitely borrow/get a Rubbermaid tub and set that up until you have time to evaluate the situation and make a decision on going forward. I mean sometimes you gotta have the mentality of tanks being like cars. Sometimes newer cars break too. I'm down in Stafford but willing to help any way I can.

Aaron
757-648-9401

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fairly extensive, but to what degree is hard to tell. Tank was on the main floor. Leaked down through the floor and was coming out of the fixture housings in my basement. There are a few random water spots on my ceiling in the basement. Seeped outside of the top of my basement door, where the concrete meets the wood foundation. On the bright side, my house isn't completely leveled, and most of it stayed on one side of the basement and made its way outside. Not all of it, im sure.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Not sure if you’re up on it, but I would try to dry any building materials with in 24-48 hours to prevent mold. Not sure if being saltwater would act as a mild anti fungal but any water trapped in a wall or floor or behind insulation could give you problems. Salt will definitely give you rust issues around metal obviously.  If you are going thru home insurance, they may cover and help get someone like Servpro out. 

Just things to think about once you get the animals settled. 

I have a 120 gallon starfire tank in excellent condition, with stand and plumbing available. Please see below thread. I am willing to sell if for a much cheaper price if you are interested. Please message me if you are interested.

https://wamas.org/forums/topic/102526-fs-120-gallon-starfire-sca-tank-stand-and-plumbing-for-650/

I have cleaned the tank and it is ready to go. Here are some of the latest photos.
eacd14bea215702c0de054f3b12c1df8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
c0d14a415cd92e0094ea5a623e004b71.jpg
f9c18479b8e1d3c84b85aacf24d3d5ff.jpg