jhOU Fishroom 20 Gallon Long

jhOU

I’ve had a 20 gallon long running in my fishroom for a long time, it initially served as a coral/invert QT. I haven’t added any corals in years, and it had become just a neglected box of water. So I decided to spruce it up into a real nano tank. Most of the equipment I already had laying around, I also got lucky with the BRS black friday giveaways and won a free apex and marco shelf rock!… so I also splurged and bought another trident. My 120 gallon is basically on autopilot, so this will be my tinkering tank.

Lighting: 

3x ai primes

Flow:

Jebao slw 20

Jebao slw 10

Jebao DCP 2500 return pump

Filtration:

Magtool skimmer (cheapo amazon)

Filter floss cup

Misc:

Apex/Trident

Avast kalk stirrer

kamoer x1 pro

Auto Aqua ATO

finnex heater

inkbird heater controller

back in the day:

image.thumb.jpeg.6253f9f2e476e5d50d9314fa1724f02c.jpeg

Now:

image.thumb.jpeg.7672563f9ee442d3fcb26b8f25dfdd3c.jpeg

My 3D printer has been a great reefing addition. It’s gotten quite a bit of use for this build already.

Screen top corners with cutouts

feeding portal

AI prime hanging brackets/rail hanger

Jebao slw nem guards

image.thumb.jpeg.fb043fd58e0b325e4d44e56ab369d81b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d8f52d1392a255735db027625d1ab06.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.348c5b52bd5b22be8fa7f84f9bf2a314.jpeg

6 hours ago, Origami said:

Nice job! Are you primarily using PLA on your components?

I’ve been using PETG for everything 

14 hours ago, jhOU said:

I’ve been using PETG for everything 

Very good. I bounce between PLA and PETG, and sometimes ABS. ABS is a pain to dial in and I have to keep the build plate hot and the printer enclosed so cooling/shrinking doesn't cause problems. PETG can sometimes be (tolerably) stringy - I see variation between manufacturers - but I still like it. I have a roll of unopened eSun nylon, but I'll have to dry it out before trying it out someday. My hot end should be able to reach the needed temperature, but there's not a lot of margin, so it's an experiment that I need to conduct someday. 

You've done some really nice work with your Ender. Whose PETG are you using and what are your working parameters?

1 hour ago, Origami said:

Very good. I bounce between PLA and PETG, and sometimes ABS. ABS is a pain to dial in and I have to keep the build plate hot and the printer enclosed so cooling/shrinking doesn't cause problems. PETG can sometimes be (tolerably) stringy - I see variation between manufacturers - but I still like it. I have a roll of unopened eSun nylon, but I'll have to dry it out before trying it out someday. My hot end should be able to reach the needed temperature, but there's not a lot of margin, so it's an experiment that I need to conduct someday. 

You've done some really nice work with your Ender. Whose PETG are you using and what are your working parameters?

I’m using Overture PETG. It’s the only brand I’ve tried, but it seems to be reasonably easy to work with. My settings are basically just the default Cura PETG profile with nozzle temp 235 bed 70. I am also using a PEI bed, which made a pretty big difference over the stock bed. 

I’m using Overture PETG. It’s the only brand I’ve tried, but it seems to be reasonably easy to work with. My settings are basically just the default Cura PETG profile with nozzle temp 235 bed 70. I am also using a PEI bed, which made a pretty big difference over the stock bed. 
I may order a spool and give it a try. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I borrowed the wamas par meter (thanks wamas!) I’m still debating if this tank will be softies/lps or sps… so I recorded a variety of settings to reference later. But for now, here are the settings and par currently running. image.thumb.jpeg.5a66c0a7fb973909bcd7abb3e78b805d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12ff89e5f85db873e0a343362627e5d3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Added a co2 scrubber, and I’m pleasantly surprised how effective it is using this tiny cheap skimmer. Getting about a .2 boost, now peaking around 8.3image.thumb.jpeg.9a2b6c204ecc7136a4d87195e26a671c.jpeg

image.thumb.png.b7711784860065021562efe468537999.png