Green Cyno Bacteria Help

YHSublime

Hello WAMAS,

I've picked up a couple of pieces of coral over the past few months that came from a tank that had a huge green cyno issue. Against my better judgment, I put the rock and coral directly into both of my tanks. I'm not terribly concerned, as it remains exactly on the rocks or corals it came in on, and has not spread anywhere else. It is, however, and eyesight in the places where there does not seem to be progress, which is really just a few spots. 

I'm not going to use chemiclean, but have been considering adding another bacteria to out compete. I was considering using Microbe Lift, but it all feels a bit like snake oil. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience in this department? FWIW, I believe that over time this will remedy itself, I am seeing very (emphasis on very) slow progress with it's dissipation. 

Here is a picture of the frag tank, with the rock that is the absolute worst out of anything that was covered in it. It has not spread to anything else, just what came in with it. 

52568907462_3b7235484d_o.jpg

Can't figure out what coral is on there that you couldn't detach? I can't actually see any corals on there at all.

One though is if your frag tank doesn't have this, will it go away by itself and w/ some help from algae eaters?

28 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Can't figure out what coral is on there that you couldn't detach? I can't actually see any corals on there at all.

One though is if your frag tank doesn't have this, will it go away by itself and w/ some help from algae eaters?

I guess I should say coral and rock. That photo is the frag tank. It’s also in the display. 

There is coral on that frag tank rock pic, not visible from the angle snapped. It’s growing fine, despite the cyno around it. 

also to note, its only sticking to what it came in on. Like I mentioned, it might slowly just resolve itself. I have cleaned everything off in a bucket with NSW, and it heads back pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, pnchowdary said:

I just noticed that you didn’t want to use chemiclean, so I am deleting my reply

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

honestly, natural remedy is starting to work

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 11:25 PM, YHSublime said:

honestly, natural remedy is starting to work

You probably remedied this already, but if not, I’ve had great success with KZ’s CyanoClean on the red cyano variety (when I had the green one, it kinda worked itself out).  It is supposedly a bacterial blend that aggressively outcompetes the cyano.

It took about a week before any visible changes could be observed, but after that, there were noticeable daily reductions.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, DFR said:

You probably remedied this already, but if not, I’ve had great success with KZ’s CyanoClean on the red cyano variety (when I had the green one, it kinda worked itself out).  It is supposedly a bacterial blend that aggressively outcompetes the cyano.

It took about a week before any visible changes could be observed, but after that, there were noticeable daily reductions.

Good luck!

almost gone! thanks though!