Stubby clownfish.

Joshifer

I'm googling. Not getting the downsides.

is there any? Like are they more prone to disease or something? I like because they stay baby size. How much I love clowns I prefer them small. The big old ones you see aren't very cute anymore lol. I don't plan on raising off spring if they do breed.

I'm reading that it's "stubby" because it has one less vertebra than a normal clownfish. How much shorter, then, could it be when it reaches full maturity?

Stubby?

Think they are called "Culls that people are too weak to kill". But hey, it worked with the other scar looking "designer" clowns. Maybe it will catch on.

(edited)

I know that their deformed. But their so cute. Some websites say their max adult size is 1.5 inches. I'm just wondering if they have like kidney failure or spinal disease because their missing a vertebra or something like that because of the inbreeding.

I ask this because I know dogs like Labradors the more lab they have in them the more their likely to bone diseases and organ failure. can't compare a fish to a dog but you know what I mean lol well that's what the vet told me anyway.

Edited by Joshifer

I'd watch what you see. Some sites say 4" max size. They are selling the stubbies at 1.5", the "normal" ones at 1.75".

One vertebrate is not going to keep them at 1.5

I know that their deformed. But their so cute. Some websites say their max adult size is 1.5 inches. I'm just wondering if they have like kidney failure or spinal disease because their missing a vertebra or something like that because of the inbreeding.

I ask this because I know dogs like Labradors the more lab they have in them the more their likely to bone diseases and organ failure. can't compare a fish to a dog but you know what I mean lol well that's what the vet told me anyway.

I'd watch what you see. Some sites say 4" max size. They are selling the stubbies at 1.5", the "normal" ones at 1.75".

One vertebrate is not going to keep them at 1.5

+1 on Doug's response. In looking up the sources, I'm finding that some sites are selling one's that are about 1.5" long. (That's the size you can expect to get from them, not how large they'll get.)  I think that you can expect max size to be comparable to, but slightly shorter than, a regular clown of the same species. It'll be slightly shorter (but just as "tall") as a normal one because it's short one vertebra (pun intended). 

Oh. Well if they don't stay tiny then it's not something I'd wanna get. I figured they was dwarf or teacup versions. Thanks you two. Saved me some money. I'm looking to replace my clowns soon my QT is done but I'm gonna let it sit til mid November. I may do two cheapo osc clowns again. Ideally I would like one davinci and One gladiator wide bar. But not gonna happen.