Tank room humidity

lowsingle

I’m wondering what humidity levels people are keeping in their fish room.  My tank is in my living room, but my sump is in my basement (all closed up).  I recently purchased a de-humidifier and was wondering what other people target.  I was thinking somewhere between 40-50% in my basement but was hoping to get others thoughts on the matter.

thanks

Darren

40-50% relative humidity is most comfortable. You might need to play with the settings to see how it’s keeping up with maintaining the 40-50% in your home.

I am on the third dehumidifier. They died after 1-2 seasons. My tanks are in the basement. I have one exhaust fan vented on the inside the fish room as well as one outside the fish room but the humidity level is still way high during the warmer months. Dehumidifier works best but it usually runs 24/7 during the warmer months. 

I have an exhaust fan in the fish room, plus dehumidifier. I keep out around 50%. Don’t recall how often it runs, but does well keeping up. I put in a whole house dehumidifier to keep the rest of the house around 40%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks wamas all for the insights / tips.  I’m going to set my dehumidifier to 45% and see how it goes…..

Darren