Washed out colors in my coral

TonyB13

I can't seem to get my colors, growth is great .I am pretty darn sure it's not my lights. Because I have the same coral at different depths and it doesn't make any difference, some coralsare ok but not great. I want to try and make my tank a little dirtier instead of adding a bunch of products what if I turn off my skimmer for a few hours a day would this work or when I turn it on it will strip everything out anyways?

Thanks 

Are things too pastel? Too brown? Only certain colors showing? 

What are your parameters? Can you post a FTS?

I know lights aren't the issue but I have ati 8 bulb with the lens. Nitates and phosphate s have been zero I finally got my nitrates to 1.7 today phosphate still zero I orderd neo phosphate. Colors on some brownish and I guess pastels o others best description is water down I bought a piece of blue Oregon tort and it was the brightest blue I have ever seen from Graham and now it's growing and still blue but not at all what it was

Yea I'm just afraid I'll screw something else in the process adding nitrates and phosphates don't sound right but m doing it I turned down my skimmer to owest setting20220606_155842.thumb.jpg.5383980fcfc7c51aa24256f267e8abf9.jpg

Good - for this, it's good to be a bit worried. Go slow. Test at least twice a day until you feel comfortable. Get some bacteria in a bottle to help if treatment stalls.

I had similar issues, also running t5s.  I ended up adding a few more fish and going from weekly water changes to every other week.  Nutrients were virtually undetectable.  I did dose Neophos and Neonitrate for a bit, but now just keep it on hand so I don’t bottom out.