Worm or Algae coming from SPS Frag?

YHSublime

Hey WAMAS!

I picked up this frag a few months ago, and it was in great condition. I broke off the step of the plug after dipping as it was encrusted, and glued it in my display. The top portion also got glued and was doing well until it got knocked loose and spent some time in the shade for a few days. While it was paled out, I moved it into my frag tank onto the rack, and it slowly started to color up. Slowly this spaghetti looking worm/algae started to come out from the top (possibly dead/dying) part of the frag. 

I've tried to siphon it off, and it's either on there very well, or coming from the inside of the frag, anybody have an idea? 

51858497768_ca73d5bdf3_o.jpg

Does it move?  Spaghetti worms will retract quick enough to be noticeable and other red cluster looking worms are often only out at night, if it's basically like that all day my vote is algae.

25 minutes ago, DaJMasta said:

Does it move?  Spaghetti worms will retract quick enough to be noticeable and other red cluster looking worms are often only out at night, if it's basically like that all day my vote is algae.

You know what, that's a great point, it's algae. I just pulled it out and pulled some of it off. 

The tank has these lightening maroon clownfish pair in there, and the female is just meaner than anything. It's a great technique to keep my hands out of the tank because she's relentless whenever I put them in. I feel a bit silly for even asking now! 

7 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Looks like algae. I know from my own experience. Ha! :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's growing right out the center, looks like a toothbrush and some tank water, maybe a quick hydrogen peroxide dip. I don't really mind if it makes it or not, the stem of the frag plug has already started encrusting over the glass bottom of my display. Its the aquaman montipora, so I'm sure it'll be a nuisance in a few months, I'm a glutton for punishment.