Tank Tour thread locked?

Blue Tang Clan

I wanted to host a Tank Tour and posted in that forum, but I got a few messages saying that it doesn't allow for replies -- it looks to be locked. 

The instructions on the Tank Tours page says "To sign up, post in pinned thread in "General Discussion" forum." -- but I don't see the Pinned instructions. Can someone point me in the right direction to unlock my tank tour thread? Thanks!

Ah. that might be a permission issue. Will have to wait and see if one of the super admin can resolve. 

Announcements: Forum for posting general club information.

Club News: Announces meetings and other important club events posting restricted to club officers.

Tank Tours: Open to all members to post information regarding attending or hosting a tank tour.

That's from the rules so the tank tours portion should be open to all. 

Yeah, Lynn tried to help us out but it seems like the issue has less to do with the thread itself and more with user permissions.

Taking a guess from similar forum systems, the thread appears to be unlocked — for a limited group who have permissions to post (probably just the Mods)

Edited by Blue Tang Clan

Fixed it!  

People can now post on that thread.  The "Tank Tours" forum was inheriting the permissions of the "Announcements" category above it.  The "Reply to Topics" permission was not set because we normally don't look for replies from members in the "Club News" forum which is also under Announcements.

Anyway, I gave Tank Tours its own permissions and now people can reply.