Supreme Reefs QT?

cdw79

Does anyone have experience with Supreme Reefs' fish, or just generally? I visited for the first time this weekend and the owner said they have a significant QT period, but said they QT somewhere else before arriving at the store. The place has great reviews online, but that setup struck me as odd if actually true. I'm looking to only be adding fish that have already been QT'ed as I don't have space for a QT myself in my tiny Arlington apartment, so if anyone can speak to the quality of their livestock that would be awesome. Thanks!

Why didn't you just ask them what their QT process is while you were talking to them? 

Unless you plan to QT everything that goes into your tank (frags, fish, water, sand, rock, etc) then "QT" as most hobbyists think of it, is futile. 

I don't know about Supreme Reefs but Reef Escape, also in Fairfax, does their own QT in-house. I find that better since the major risks are shipping. I've bought from them. I've also heard Capitol in Manassas does but have no first hand experience or know if it's in-house or bought from a QT vendor.

• 2 weeks later...

I am purchasing a few fish from Reef Escape on 10/3.  The fish are being treated and qted for me.  Plus, Dave Lin is Retail Manager taking care of everything so that's just a bonus.  Dave is amazing, knows so much about the hobbyand a great person.

• 3 weeks later...

TSM is the best. For what they do it’s the best bang for your dollar. Elliot out in CA, marine collectors does the same thing but he charges a lot more and specializes in higher end fish. Great second option if you looking for high end fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk