Tanks over 300g?

monkeymanolo

I am looking into upgrading to a 300g+ system and wanted to make sure I've looked at everything. 

What are some of the best makers/manufacturers of 300+ systems? I see waterbox has become pretty popular, any other recommendations? 

Thanks!

Miracles is fantastic.  They do a lot of bigger custom tanks and the work is amazing.  If you contact them, use email and not the web form as I don't think it's functional.  I had a rimless 270 gallon Miracles tank that was a work of art.    They also have a long track record so you know the tanks are built to last.  They also will do full solution with stand (wooden or steel) and really nice cabinetry or panels.  

I looked at CDA as well and they were very responsive and a few people I know had a good experience.  

TSA in Florida built a tank for one of the club members, who said the workmanship was similar to waterbox.  

Waterbox tops out at under 270 (7 x 30" x 24") but as a turnkey solution, they are very nice tanks (I've got one coming right now).  

I've heard Glasscages has improved their build quality greatly but I am old enough to remember some bad experiences in the past.

Planet Aquarium, Coast to Coast, AGE, and Reef Savvy are others to look at.   I have a 100 gallon Reef Savvy and it's a really nice tank but I've heard they are having significant production issues with lead times exceeding 9 months.  

Hope that helps. 

On 8/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, roni said:

Wow thanks for all the info, I was not aware of a few of those companies including Miracles. Just curious, what size waterbox did you get and why did you go with them over the others? 

Miracles is fantastic.  They do a lot of bigger custom tanks and the work is amazing.  If you contact them, use email and not the web form as I don't think it's functional.  I had a rimless 270 gallon Miracles tank that was a work of art.    They also have a long track record so you know the tanks are built to last.  They also will do full solution with stand (wooden or steel) and really nice cabinetry or panels.  

I looked at CDA as well and they were very responsive and a few people I know had a good experience.  

TSA in Florida built a tank for one of the club members, who said the workmanship was similar to waterbox.  

Waterbox tops out at under 270 (7 x 30" x 24") but as a turnkey solution, they are very nice tanks (I've got one coming right now).  

I've heard Glasscages has improved their build quality greatly but I am old enough to remember some bad experiences in the past.

Planet Aquarium, Coast to Coast, AGE, and Reef Savvy are others to look at.   I have a 100 gallon Reef Savvy and it's a really nice tank but I've heard they are having significant production issues with lead times exceeding 9 months.  

Hope that helps. 

Not sure on your timeline but if you got a month or two to wait, I have a 500+ being built by glasscages and can provide some feedback when picked up. As you mentioned, the new ownership and infrastructure has changed some things significantly but still not at the quality/aesthetic presentation of felix/reefsavvy if that is your aim.

5 hours ago, monkeymanolo said:

Mainly lack of time/space to do something really custom.  Waterbox, while pricey, had a reasonable turnkey solution with plumbing, sump, and nice aesthetically pleasing steel stand with electronic separate compartment in a complete package.  I was able to get it ordered through a LFS (Nova tropicals) and they are helping with moving in and initial setup.  I can give more direct feedback in a couple weeks but the tanks I've seen to date have pretty good build quality.  

If I had room for a fish room and more space to play with, I would have gotten cda or miracles. 

Good luck!