WAMAS discount

F&Fmgr

I cant stress this enough, just got some crap for not giving a discount to some ive met twice. The first time he buys something is the second time Ive met him. Didnt have his WAMAS card, No discount, No exception. I apologize if I am unable to remember everyones face, name, screen name, and expiration date. That is why I have requested you bring your membership card. I had a guy getting this discount and it was an old card from TWO YEARS ago. Since that episode, No card, No discount. Sorry guys, but I extend this discount because I believe a majority of the members believe in the goals behind the club. The discount is in place to keep thos members in the hobby.

All in all, i dont think asking yoju to remember your card is too much.

Sean

Sean,

It is a very nice thing you do for us. Please do not apologize for your policy. You are doing us a favor. If some numb skull is giving you crap in your store, tell him to get a life. If you do not have a valid membership card with you, why should you expect to get the discount? Plus, is it worth the few bucks you get knocked off to %$#* off the manager at your LFS? The discount is a privilege not a right.

Bruce

I cant stress this enough, just got some crap for not giving a discount to some ive met twice. The first time he buys something is the second time Ive met him. Didnt have his WAMAS card, No discount, No exception. I apologize if I am unable to remember everyones face, name, screen name, and expiration date. That is why I have requested you bring your membership card. I had a guy getting this discount and it was an old card from TWO YEARS ago. Since that episode, No card, No discount. Sorry guys, but I extend this discount because I believe a majority of the members believe in the goals behind the club. The discount is in place to keep thos members in the hobby.

All in all, i dont think asking yoju to remember your card is too much.

Sean

Sean I apologize for someones lack of common sense on this issue and would appreciate a PM on who this individual was? This has happened all to frequently lately!!

Folks remember, Sean and other Small Bsiness owners offer these discounts as a COURTESY to you, these are a privilege, NOT an ENTITLEMENT! Please treat it that way!

When you go into the next aquarium store, ask them with a VALID WAMAS Membership Card. In hand, "do you offer a WAMAS discount please? If not, Say thanks anyways and let them know that the 600 active members since the first of year in WAMAS would appreciate their support in the future!

Thanks for the support....I will ALWAYS support WAMAS, its members, goals and principles. Not pissed just upset that someone would question my motives when i think of myself as a straight shooter and downright honest person.

Howard,

I hope this drove the message home, I appreciate the concern but Id prefer not to tell as my Momma always told me "snitches get stitches"!! :smokin:

Thank you

Sean

sean-

that's terrible. i'm really sorry it happened.

i really appreciate the discounts you give, you are an extremely nice, knowledgable, and generous person, and i for one really appreciate that. heck, that's why i drive 30 mins to be a customer!

keep up the amazing work!

Charlie

that's why i drive 30 mins to be a customer!

Charlie

Gotcha beat. I drive an hour to be a customer.....well only 50 minutes if just pay the freaking tolls.

Your generosity is always appreciated Sean. I think you're the only store where I've actually refused a discount when it was available. That huge riteri anemone I got was worth well over $100, felt guilty getting it for just $50, let alone with some type of discount. If you don't support your LFS, it wont be around when you really need them. I guess I can still call you one of my LFS, even though you're so freaking far away.

Gotcha beat. I drive an hour to be a customer.....well only 50 minutes if just pay the freaking tolls.

Your generosity is always appreciated Sean. I think you're the only store where I've actually refused a discount when it was available. That huge riteri anemone I got was worth well over $100, felt guilty getting it for just $50, let alone with some type of discount. If you don't support your LFS, it wont be around when you really need them. I guess I can still call you one of my LFS, even though you're so freaking far away.

got you all beat

I drove 4 hours to get to sean with ybenormal, was totally worth the trip, sean if the 4 hours wasnt such a slow down, Id shop there weekly.

got you all beat

I drove 4 hours to get to sean with ybenormal, was totally worth the trip, sean if the 4 hours wasnt such a slow down, Id shop there weekly.

Im working on a driver incentive program.... :gho:

Maybe just mailing.

Im working on a driver incentive program.... :gho:

Maybe just mailing.

well thatwould be awesome. if i could cherry pick stuff i wanted and get them held til i got up there for a wamas meeting or something and just pay for feeding or holding fees etc, i might even do that.

Your store even at the small size it was, was totally awesome. I work at an LFS down here and i certainly know the feeling of getting a bit peeved at customers who think its their god given right to demand a discount regardless of their position.

I guess PM me or something if you happen to have any thoughts on that shipping thing. I wouldnt mind that at all if i had some ability to view the current stock then have them shipped down.

Guest Bemmer

Sean,

Your help and support to this club is worth every penny...even if you didn't offer a discount....but we all thank you...those of us that have a current WAMAS card...for having the discount. I think it is important that you make it clear that this card is of value. That card shows that we value our club and our membership and I appreciate you letting everyone know that they gotta have "the card". You know, as they say...."Membership has its privileges".

Rebecca

See ya soon.