Aiptasia Vs Thousand hand Anemone

I currently came up to a store that is selling Thousand hand Anemones and honest to GOD they look like Aiptasia to me.  Does anyone know the difference?  What characteristics  should I look for between the Aiptasia and Thousand hand Anemone?  Anyone?  

Jacob 50]

Guest clownfish4
How big was the "thousand hand?"  Thousand Hand doesn't seem like the right name for an anemone, what fish store was it?

Guest BigStun
sounds like aptasia, seeing how there is no other anemone that looks even close to aptasia that is worth buying at a fish store. How much are they selling it for? Was it posted as "Thousand hand" or is that what the lfs employee told you.

Guest BigStun
the first pic looks interesting...the 2nd picture resembles aptasia. Whether it is or not, I would prefer not to have anything in my tank that even half resembled aptasia.

Guest Kimo

Those are tube anenomes - Neat animals and NOT aptasia.  I don't even think they are true anenomes.  A few reefers in WAMAS have them.

That's all I know about them tho...

Jamie

Guest HVF21221

Tube anenome, I just picked one up last week after reading this article. It talks about alot of myths about them (notorious fish eater/vert toxic) and some husbandry. Hope the link works.

Tube anenome

HTH, Howard