Flush valve

brianisoutside

I set this filter up out of the box and never really put any thought into it. Is this flush valve installed correctly? I just don’t understand how the blue loop redirects the water anywhere?02fb96c8e7498e4c461d1d94ee25a60d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not used your system, but it looks to be in a flushing state. Double check your documentation. A flush valve is used to bypass the flow restrictor and allows water to rush over the membrane to flush it. I assume that your system has an inline restrictor inside the yellow tube. The blue line with the valve is the bypass and should be off unless you want to flush the membrane. It is open when the valve is parallel (or in-line) to the water line as you have it in that picture. To run correctly you need to close the valve by turning the knob 45 degrees so it is perpendicular to the water line.

I assume that when you run your system you can hear a rush of water through it? You should notice a difference in sound when you close that valve and likely will see an increase in your water production.

Yes the flow coming from the waste and clean lines changes with the valve change.
I didn’t know their was a flow restrictor in the yellow line and was trying to wrap my head around what the valve was even doing. Makes sense now, thank you.

Agree with WheresTheReef. There may be a capillary tube type flow restrictor inside the short length of yellow tubing between the tees. You can easily check this by removing the tube and looking for a smaller tube hidden inside. You can also check to see if there's a change in output and sound when you change the bypass valve from open/flush (like it looks like in the picture) to closed (normal operation).

I have the same system and had the exact same reaction when I was setting it up.  That said, you will definitely see a difference with increased output from the waste line when the system is in flush mode.

I have the same system and had the exact same reaction when I was setting it up.  That said, you will definitely see a difference with increased output from the waste line when the system is in flush mode.

Yes I definately do. I just couldn’t visualize how or why. The online restrictor makes sense