Howaboutme's Return - Waterbox PM15 UNS 75s

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Is that a clown harem I spy? 

Nope! You've been tricked by the glass reflection. Probably because I am obsessed with keeping all 4 glass panes clean. :) 

There's only the pair.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, roni said:

Looking good!  How are you planning to stock it?  

Thanks Roni!

Besides the 2 clowns from the transfer, I have added an assessors basslet. It's a pretty awesome fish, great colorization and stays out all of the time. I'm waiting on a YWG to go with my already added pistol. After that, I'm thinking 1 more fish, maybe.

For corals, I'm just busy stocking the new rock on the right. Besides the sticks already on the rock, I have a coupe on the rack. After those get placed, I think I only have room for 2 or 3 more sticks. Then it's pretty much sit back and relax. The sticks are a mix of high end (mostly) and more traditional ones. I usually pick based on color but also nostalgia. I think my next will be trying to search for a copps 24k.

Hey mods! Can we change this title to something like this? If so, I'll keep it going.

"Howaboutme's Return - Waterbox PM15 UNS 75s"

Love 24k mille.  Hard to capture how pretty it is in real life. 

Being patient and waiting is hard. So many nice sticks these days, though my favorites are many of the "older" pieces.  Picked up my first colored up true pearlberry this weekend and I'm in love

54 minutes ago, roni said:

Love 24k mille.  Hard to capture how pretty it is in real life. 

Being patient and waiting is hard. So many nice sticks these days, though my favorites are many of the "older" pieces.  Picked up my first colored up true pearlberry this weekend and I'm in love

I agree! The SSC I picked up from @jhOU is my favorite so far. It was "high-end" back in the day but it's still top notch to my eye compared to some of the current high-end sticks.

57 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

I agree! The SSC I picked up from @jhOU is my favorite so far. It was "high-end" back in the day but it's still top notch to my eye compared to some of the current high-end sticks.

Yup. That SSC is pretty fantastic. Pink lemonade, green slimer, red dragon, and Hawkins echinata are others that grow well and are really nice imo.  

• YHSublime changed the title to Howaboutme's Return - Waterbox PM15 UNS 75s

@YHSublime Thanks for the name change. No strikethrough ability for titles? :)

Pink Lemonade and green slimer, I have! We're on the same page. Slimer is stagnant in growth because my sexy shrimp eats it's polyps. Yet, it just won't die but regenerates and provides more food for the shrimp. Oh well....

1 minute ago, howaboutme said:

No strikethrough ability for titles? 

This right here. 

You could pull a "Formally Known as Prince" move I guess. 

6 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

This right here. 

You could pull a "Formally Known as Prince" move I guess. 

Ha! We're good! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Still looks good!

Thanks! Just trying to get to your level....Gold standard for nanos... :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Thanks! Just trying to get to your level....Gold standard for nanos... :thumbsup:

Ah, you're making me blush. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some images of the livestock! Sometimes I forget that we keep these tanks for the fishes/inverts as much as for the corals. Didn't include the 2 clowns as they tend to show up elsewhere.

This shrimp has gotten huge! I think it still loves polyps on occasion. Can't/won't get him out so I just have to manage this carefully. He's taken over the 'nem so clowns won't touch it. Sad for the clowns.

ek1Hcfb.jpg

Beautiful assessor.

3lN9sai.jpg

I can never get enough of the pistol/goby dynamic.

CoLaquM.jpg

10 hours ago, roni said:

Looking good!

On 12/12/2021 at 10:25 PM, YHSublime said:

Noice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all!

Ironically, my YWG disappeared shortly after that picture. I haven't seen it in about 5 days...Hoping it shows up but not holding out hope. I don't have a lot of places it can hide for this long. :why:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Happy New Year!

Thought I'd share something interesting. (Note that I don't chase PH, just love numbers.) My family took a few days away recently. I was interested in what my tanks PH situation would be before and during. In other words, how does having 4 humans and 1 cat affect my tanks PH readings. What I found was not rocket science and certainly expected but I didn't expect it to be affect the readings as much, especially as it compared to just opening windows and airing the house out.

Below shows 7 days with the dates away marked between the red lines:

4bTvHQp.jpg

As you can see, we were only gone for 2 nights/3 full days. As soon as we left (the left red line), the PH bottomed out. In a typical day, the PH would still go a bit lower before ramping up. But as soon as we left, the PH started to rise. From there it did it's usual day/night cycle. The middle day (the 1 full day/night we weren't home) had the highest PH low ever. It stayed above 8 and it never does that. What is more interesting is that when we came home, the PH stopped rising, literally. At the time we came home, the PH would typically continue to rise a bit more before dropping for the night. Not this day, as soon as 4 humans stepped into the house, the PH froze and started to dip.

I never (and dislike taking specific coral shots) but here are 2.

Bill Murray, encrusting nicely.

e4V0cl8.jpg

BC Bohemia. This was one of the frags being sold off by @nburg. I wish I had a before photo but from what Nick said, it was "brown"! :biggrin: It went from complete brown out to this nice deep green/red w/ green/reddish polyps (redder under blues). This is what the coral is supposed to look like direct from Battlecorals. I am wondering if it will ever gain that colorization again. I'm beginning to think that the new base that is encrusting is showing signs of the original colors. It's not as easy to see from this top down shot but a left side shot (hard to photo) shows a more vertical portion of the base showing the original colors. This one will be interesting to follow.

Q0O2Bmg.jpg

Other news...I, of course, have plenty of sticks not showing the right color or downright STNing so hoping they improve. My sexy shrimp is still eating polyps and still no signs of the YWG. Lastly, I have tons of either spionid or chaetopterids worms.....

Edited by howaboutme

That Bohemia frag base is close to what it looked like when I got it from Adam. Much better than color than when it settled in my tank ?

• 3 weeks later...

More picts.

fqsODKT.jpg

Good growth on this compared to image above:

7r3shlu.jpg

Nick's salvaged corals:

Some of the nasuta's original colors are coming in at the base:

IsUVCz6.jpg

And the bohemia continues to come back to it's original color:

3hVObxi.jpg

wqlXYN9.jpg

ZX4Ifbt.jpg

Still can't find my YWG, it's lost. Added 2 paired firefish and they now live in the same burrow as the pistol. I'm set for fish now. Time to let it ride. Boy do these things grow slow.... :biggrin:

What do you think @nburg ? Colors good?

Yep, that nasuta had some bright green between coralites when I got it, but that’s a strong color. That Bohemia is looking good too. I’m thinking you’ll get that brighter color on the base on new branches. I think the old growth might stay dark.  

looking good!

10 minutes ago, nburg said:

Yep, that nasuta had some bright green between coralites when I got it, but that’s a strong color. That Bohemia is looking good too. I’m thinking you’ll get that brighter color on the base on new branches. I think the old growth might stay dark.  

looking good!

Thanks buddy! I have to admit, I enjoy experiencing the two sticks from you the most.