Red Sea Reefer 900 XXXL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tank looks great!  Reef escape has definitely been bringing in some nice anthias recently. Congrats on TOTM, well deserved!

You ever temped to go swimming in there?!

14 minutes ago, roni said:

Tank looks great!  Reef escape has definitely been bringing in some nice anthias recently. Congrats on TOTM, well deserved!

Thanks! Their last batch is amazing. They had some Bartletts and I can’t remember the last time I saw some locally.

There are so many amazing tanks on this forum and I just try to take as much info and inspiration in as I can from everyone 

4 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

You ever temped to go swimming in there?!

The kiddo may learn to snorkel in there haha

• 1 month later...

Few things have happened over the past month.  I have switched over to using an Avast ozone reactor because even though the Nyos skimmer says it can handle a low amount. The skimmer ended up being destroyed so it was replaced with another 220. I wanted to see if I could fit the 300 but sadly it was not in the cards.

All the fish are doing great and I really attribute that to the plank feeder. It is a complete game changer. The Anthias are thriving and out of the 10 females I started with, I now have 2 males and the remaining 8 females. They have split the tank in half with a male each claiming a side. It does seem that one male is still dominant over the other and the females all have their pecking order as well.

I bit the bullet and ordered a clear view lid because my homemade screen did not keep the pintail in and I lost it one night to a jump.

The ACR is back online after a few small repairs but seems to be running great. Once again, long term we will see.

Last change is the gold spot rabbit has to go. He is getting the living crap beat out of him by my majestic even though he is a good 5 times the body mass. 

36 minutes ago, Apcoleman said:

Few things have happened over the past month.  I have switched over to using an Avast ozone reactor because even though the Nyos skimmer says it can handle a low amount. The skimmer ended up being destroyed so it was replaced with another 220. I wanted to see if I could fit the 300 but sadly it was not in the cards.

I'm confused, the Nyos skimmer handling a low amount, you mean load? Are you saying the skimmer wasn't doing a good enough job, hence the addition of the ozone reactor? 

4 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

I'm confused, the Nyos skimmer handling a low amount, you mean load? Are you saying the skimmer wasn't doing a good enough job, hence the addition of the ozone reactor? 

Sorry. It was handling a low amount of ozone dosed directly into it. The skimmer is an absolute beast and handles the bioload really well.

1 minute ago, Apcoleman said:

Sorry. It was handling a low amount of ozone dosed directly into it. The skimmer is an absolute beast and handles the bioload really well.

No apologies needed, I'm not entirely sure what Ozone is for/used. I'm still back here in the stone age, yanking plugs out of sockets when I need to feed the tank. 

Sorry to hear about the skimmer.  I've had some hiccups with my bk recently and have heard good things about the nyos, though a bit crazy that a little ozone would damage it so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 8:46 PM, roni said:

Sorry to hear about the skimmer.  I've had some hiccups with my bk recently and have heard good things about the nyos, though a bit crazy that a little ozone would damage it so much!

Im pretty sure the owner before me cooked it pretty good. The nyos is a beast for sure but the best part is how quiet they are.