Rock flower nems

Vacobra1

Does anybody have experience with adding rock flower nems to a mixed reef?  I want to get one and put it on the sand or lower on my rock but just wondering if it will stay where I put it or if i have to worry about it moving and stinging my coral?

Thanks

They have a tendency to move. I got a really nice one and placed it front and center of my tank. It moved all the way to the back corner. I can still see it, but it’s not where I wanted it. 

but I have placed others that don’t move once they are in place. 

it’s a gamble but I think worth it. They are very cool creatures. 

They are the best!!! I keep them on a rock at the bottom of the tank. They don't seem to like direct light. Most stay where they are put, but some do move. Not as aggressive as the BTA. If you have enough, they spawn in the tank which is awesome!

For me, they do sting corals. One of mine moved near my flowerpot coral and killed it. Not sure about any other corals though.

They also do get pretty big. This is my oldest one, about the size of my palm.

Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor

They are the best!!! I keep them on a rock at the bottom of the tank. They don't seem to like direct light. Most stay where they are put, but some do move. Not as aggressive as the BTA. If you have enough, they spawn in the tank which is awesome!

They also do get pretty big. This is my oldest one, about the size of my palm.

95399209_252279905972063_7491203900947562496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=dd7718&_nc_ohc=SIgMH7Vu23kAX94mEsL&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=052d2f4e4d85ad459371baa2063ce2ee&oe=5ED66C52

Beautiful creature! Amazing photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed several on their own rock maybe a year ago and they haven't wandered.  I picked a rock with deep crevices thinking they might be more comfortable that way and not willing to walk across a desert of sand.

20200507_141249.thumb.jpg.400b4d5af5c30890ebebf8bc1d715a53.jpg

I have like 10, most stay where you put them, as long as you put them in a good spot (on an overhang or near the base of a rock). Out of the 10, maybe a third moved. They will move around until they're happy and once they're happy they dont move. They have a pretty weak sting, so nothing to get worried about. 

I’ve always had luck with them, until my current tank. I’ve burned through like 4 that have completely disappeared, melted I have to imagine. I think my tank might be to clean, as I’ve had 0 problems with SPS.

Mine usually stayed out when they found a place they liked. Lower light/flow ime. I’ve always had clowns, so I’ve always had RBTA.

32 minutes ago, Vacobra1 said:

How are your btas in your tank.  Crazy as it sounds I came home with a small rose bta today

I've always been fine with BTA's, but it's the luck of the draw it seems. They usually stay put for me, and bubbled. I picked up a GBTA a few months ago, and I thought it melted in one of my rock tubs. But last night I found 3 of them, I imagine stress, but they're happy as can be, and accepting food!