Aquascape Critique

CallMeJus

I’m setting up a Fusion 20 Pro, I’ll be starting a tank build soon but before that I’d like to get some feedback on my aquascape ideas. It will be a sand bottom, livestock will mostly be Zoas, Acans, possibly encrusting and or plate corals. 

B71C0C64-5AA8-46DB-A98E-A6965FB94677.jpeg

13156965-5C2B-46BF-A4CA-433F3E5FE2AA.jpeg

I like the first one. The second one is more dramatic, especially with that piece on the top right hand side, but I think it limits surface area for coral, and is a little close to the top already. 

You might try taking the center rock on the first scape', and flipping it upside down and propping it against the structure on the left (looking at the tank from the front.) Or maybe just removing it? 

Biggest thing I notice is make sure you have enough space for algae scrapers to get past the rock. And don’t forget that you’ll need a scraper stick for the back that’s kind to acrylic. I had a Nuvo 40 and that was my biggest gripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

I like the first one. The second one is more dramatic, especially with that piece on the top right hand side, but I think it limits surface area for coral, and is a little close to the top already. 

You might try taking the center rock on the first scape', and flipping it upside down and propping it against the structure on the left (looking at the tank from the front.) Or maybe just removing it? 

I’ll try that, thanks!

1 hour ago, elwallacejr said:

Biggest thing I notice is make sure you have enough space for algae scrapers to get past the rock. And don’t forget that you’ll need a scraper stick for the back that’s kind to acrylic. I had a Nuvo 40 and that was my biggest gripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder!

7 minutes ago, BtmDweller said:

I just reposted a post in the forum from R2R from BRS on aquascaping mistakes. It’s worth a watch.

Will do! Thanks.