a case of the uglies or something worse?

xabo

Your tank is still pretty young.  It can benefit from regular water changes, vacuuming substrate, and physically cleaning the rockwork.  Your Magnesium is also kind of high.

The reference values I use for tank parameters come from Randy Holmes-Farley's excellent article on the subject, which includes a table of values. Both your calcium and magnesium fall outside of the suggested range. I would test the calcium and magnesium in whatever salt mix you are using and ensure they are within your desired range. 

One thing I have done in the past is use a toothbrush (or something similar) to scrub algae off the the rocks and then do a water change. This helps to quickly get the out of the water rock and water column. Even better if you can pull out rocks that are particularly bad. If you are using physical filtration like filter socks make sure they are frequently changed and clean.

Seven weeks is still pretty new so algae outbreaks are expected. 

(edited)

I expected to have the algae outbreaks was hoping it wasn't Dino's as I've seen small air bubbles attached to some of the strands. I use Reef Crystals salt and it seems to always mix with higher alk, ca and mag numbers. On day two of a blackout and it seems to be working. Will be adding to the CUC this week. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by xabo

If you haven’t added a CUC yet, I would! I’m cycling about 300lbs if dried/live rock together and as soon as the dry rock finished up cycling I mixed them all together and put together a tremendously large reef cleaners order.

It’s been about a month and I’m going through the uglies now, but the cuc definitely helps (the live rock had some algae issues). Nearly cleaned up!

Also coupled with water changes, as suggested above. I’m planning on running for 3 months before SPS.

Added a small CUC right after the cycle, 25% of what was suggested for a tank of my size (225 gal.) by Reef Cleaners as there wasn't much for them to feed on.