Do U Feed Your SPS?

Gadgets

I recently bought some frozen Hikari Rotifers and have been debating whether or not I should use them. I was wondering if you all feed your SPS. If so, what do u feed, how often, and how much. If not, explain why you choose not to. Also for those who feed, do u cut off your pumps and skimmer?

Thanks

Well I guess I won't feed then. I want to get better color. So I was trying to find ways of doing it becides ZEO. Any sugestions? Nutrient levels are as love a possible. All other parameters are perfect.

I throw a little DT's oyster eggs or golden pearls in with food, once a week (when I remember) and there is cyclopeeze in the DIY food mix. No target feeding. I don't turn anything off either...

I feed my fish. I like to feed flake because the fish eat, spit and reeat the smaller particles.

The coral or my skimmer get the rest. I do see polyps closing on the now smaller moist particles.

I turn off the pumps

i feed religously....but i usually dont hav a ton of fish in my SPS tanks so i guess if your feeding your fish quite a bit then adding a bit to the food would be the most youd need to feed.

Also, I have fed my tanks using Hikari rotifers and they love it! I dont know if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that otifers can maitain a ton of nutri. value while in afrozen state for a couple of year. Guys? Anyone hear differently?

Sean

I am like Jake I occasionally add golden pearls, and DTs, maybe once a week. At least three times a week cyclopese mainly for the fish and other critters- Need to feed when the lights are off for many corals.

Coral coloration is for my two cents 60 % water quality, 35% lighting and only about 5% food. Take care of the first two and your colors will come around slowly to be more vivid.