Prepared foods: What do you feed in your auto feeder

sethsolomon

Hey everyone!

So debating on what to feed my tank in my auto feeder for my new tank.  Over the past 10 years I have fed New Life Spectrum Thera A+ 1mm sinking pellets with garlic.  I am wondering what everyone else feeds  and if there is some new food that has come out in the past 4-5 years that may be better.

4 minutes ago, jhOU said:

I’m feeding reef nutrition TDO pellets in my auto feeder. High quality and they come in a wide variety of pellet sizes.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tdo-chroma-boost-medium-pellet-fish-food-reef-nutrition.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do these pellets lose nutritional value if you don't refrigerate after opening? That was one of the biggest factor why I did not go with them for the auto feeder. 

Do these pellets lose nutritional value if you don't refrigerate after opening? That was one of the biggest factor why I did not go with them for the auto feeder. 

I don’t know for certain if they lose nutritional value, I think it’s more of a shelf life thing. I will say that I learned not to fully load the feeder with enough food for several months... it got moldy. But I think the outcome would be the same for just about any pellet stored right above water for that long. I refill it like once a month now, and haven’t had any more issues.

53 minutes ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

Just found a post from reef nutrition,
“We have a number of customers that refill their auto-feeder once a week. Refrigeration simply ensures that the entire package of food will last for 1 year. The amount you use for the auto feeder will be fine for a week”.

Thanks!!!