My wife was right

Steve G

Like 10 or more years ago my wife, who is very hands off in this whole reef hobby, told me to stockpile Home Depot Southdown sand, like buy 30 bags of it and keep it in the basement. I did not listen to her. There is a lesson in this.

Wow. I haven't heard us talk about Southdown in ages.... I started my 180 out with it over 10 years ago, but switched away as it was too fine-grained (sugar-sized) for the flow I kept. Not sure we can find sources of cheap aragonite sand like that these days.

One of the first conversations I saw on WAMAS was about which stores still sold it. At that point in time, some stores still had the last of their stock of it. I haven't heard/seen it mentioned in years.

But, wives are always right. You spouses need to listen better. My ex thought wives were always wrong, and that is why he is an ex to both me and to his second ex wife. I told her before they married, but she didn't believe me. Called me one night at midnight about a year later, asking for advice because she was leaving him. SO listen up, you spouses, your wives are always right, UNLESS they tell you that you need to get rid of your reef.

5 hours ago, Steve G said:

Like 10 or more years ago my wife, who is very hands off in this whole reef hobby, told me to stockpile Home Depot Southdown sand, like buy 30 bags of it and keep it in the basement. I did not listen to her. There is a lesson in this.

My wife said just the opposite and asked why I was moving bags of sand from our old house to our current house 16 years ago. These bags are about 20 years old. 

3546B9F2-19A3-4353-9C6D-E6114C6427EC.thumb.jpeg.18067659ba5323e41e04a9b6e0dcfd05.jpeg

19 minutes ago, ronl said:

My wife said just the opposite and asked why I was moving bags of sand from our old house to our current house 16 years ago. These bags are about 20 years old. 

3546B9F2-19A3-4353-9C6D-E6114C6427EC.thumb.jpeg.18067659ba5323e41e04a9b6e0dcfd05.jpeg

It's time for you stop set up a new tank, so you can use that sand.