Taiwan light yellow torch

Still_human

58 minutes ago, dpassar12 said:

Oh wow, but that’s not the same thing. The one I’m posting about is supposed to b the pale yellow, not intense or brightly colored

59 minutes ago, madweazl said:

Both pics are under extremely blue lighting so who knows what it looks like in person. 

Yeah, I noticed that. It’s such a pale light colored yellow tho, I’m not really sure what the heavy actinics would even b doing to it, I’d much of anything at all?

34 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Yeah, I noticed that. It’s such a pale light colored yellow tho, I’m not really sure what the heavy actinics would even b doing to it, I’d much of anything at all?

Heavy blues/actinics have a huge impact on bringing out yellow coloration; it could easily be a completely different color under less blue (and likely is). 

Oh yeah, I know yellows really show affect from actinics, but in my experience they don’t change colors, just the intensity and such, but being that this one is pale under the actinics, maybe it’s one of the usually highly affected colors that on rare occasions isn’t. There’s greens now and then that don’t show any increased color, which is always surprising, and even reds and oranges that “ignore” actinic boosts, so maybe this is a yellow like that? I guess it’s not as big a deal to me anymore anyway, since finally half my tank has the added actinic boost:)

8 hours ago, GraffitiSpotCorals said:

Just wait for indo to start shipping some nice lps, I believe they should have a few yellow lps and lots of yellow acropora. 

Isn’t there an indo ban, or something?

Edited by Still_human

22 hours ago, GraffitiSpotCorals said:

There was for the past few years. They just started shipping again. That’s why torch prices skyrocketed. 

Ahhhhhh!!! I was wondering what happened to torches recently! I doubt that explains the huge shift from awhile longer ago than that, although maybe it’s from a similar situation. Back in the day, I don’t remember just how “back”, but I’m guessing as recent as 10-15 years ago, which sadly is starting to feel pretty recent lol, the generic “torch coral” from what I always around and used to, was the beautiful long flowey, bright green tentacles with super bright green, sometimes yellow tips. That was what the cheap, dime-a-dozen, “boring ol’ torch” was. Even just from captive specimens, shouldn’t they still be around, if not actually still common? But no, when I DO see a similar one these days, it’s rarely as nice looking, and it has some crazy name and goes for $150-300/head, instead of the $25-$35/head they used to be:( thankfully that’s not just the general coral inflation rate!!! Hopefully torches will start going down soon, once more have been brought into the market, and more people are splitting and selling what they have! I’d love to be able to afford some of those beauties around!