Light meter/PAR meter

Still_human

Is there anything other than a PAR meter that can give u relevant info about lighting intensity levels? PAR meters are just so expensive. I’m having such a hard time figuring out how to adjust stuff with vague LED fixtures! I have no idea where to put things that might seem like they aren’t at their best. More light? Less? Much more? Much less? Is there maybe some equation that can be used to figure lighting or PAR levels, using LED bulb wattages, light level percentages, height from water, and water depth? Lol I knew I was gonna hate dealing with LED systems long before I ever decided to give them a try!

I had the hardest time with an adjustable LED fixture, so I gave up on it. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:19 AM, treesprite said:

I had the hardest time with an adjustable LED fixture, so I gave up on it. 

EXACTLY!!!! It’s just too much to deal with! That’s why I’ll only go for anything that has minimal adjustable options. Turning up and down the actinics and light intensity. That’s more than enough for me! I love all the stuff that’s just plug in and go! Love it!

what fixture do you have? Easiest path to success is to replicate someone’s proven settings with that specific led. Radion’s AB+ schedule is tried and true, and you can find settings for other brands to get close to those settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk