Bact bloom

Joshifer

Since the crash from the power outage Everything’s just going down hill. Waters very milky corals are pissed. Theirs dead pods everywhere im removing them the best I can. Snails and hermits are climbing to the top I guess for oxygen. I did a huge water changes for its size and nothing. I added a carbon filter pad. I pointed the power head completely up to the surface to make oxygen. I opened windows for fresh air.

Idk what else to do. Do I just wait it out? The way things look I’m expecting a total wipeout any day. And I need to leave to Florida next week :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add an airstone.  You'll get a lot of additional oxygenation that way. 

If you have an in-tank powerhead, try placing the airstone below the pump's intake.  It will turn your tank into a protein skimmer and really boost the oxygen.

To be honest, in your situation, if it isn't a big tank, I would just do a 100% water change at this point. Your liverock and some bacteria additive will prevent a big cycle. You might get a mini cycle, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as hard on livestock as what they are going through now. I have done it many times (every time I set up a new tank with liverock I already have), for example when I set up my 75g about a month ago. 100% new water, added already-established liverock, added nitrifying bacteria supplement (I used Biodigest), acclimated and added fish and corals the same day.... absolutely no problems, livestock looks happier than ever. I think some service companies use this method on a regular basis. *** The key is the already established liverock ***

Edited by treesprite

I’ve done two 100% water changes. It’s a loosing battle even dosing prime. The skeleton on my favorite hammer is white. Almost bleached, The rest will slowly die. I’m gonna rehome what’s left for free to save them

1 hour ago, Joshifer said:

I’ve done two 100% water changes. It’s a loosing battle even dosing prime. The skeleton on my favorite hammer is white. Almost bleached, The rest will slowly die. I’m gonna rehome what’s left for free to save them

I'm very sorry about this disaster. As long as there are corals in the process of dying, the problem is going to continue. Getting the corals out is a good idea.