Sargassum trigger:truly reef safe?

Still_human

I’ve always heard sargassum triggers are generally reef safe. I don’t know if that includes shrimp and stuff, or what...or even how accurate that is. Does anyone know?

I had one years ago and it was a good fish. It never bothered much of anything, including the various shrimp in the tank. 

On 11/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, Origami said:

I had one years ago and it was a good fish. It never bothered much of anything, including the various shrimp in the tank. 

Awesome, thats good to hear! Did it ever move rocks around?

Not that I remember. However, if it was spooked, it would get itself between rocks and extend it dorsal spine to jam itself in. A defensive maneuver, I suppose. No harm, though.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, Origami said:
On 11/16/2019 at 11:24 PM, Still_human said:

Not that I remember. However, if it was spooked, it would get itself between rocks and extend it dorsal spine to jam itself in. A defensive maneuver, I suppose. No harm, though.

Yeah, I could see that becoming an issue in unusual circumstances, and taking apart part of the rock work in a reef would be quite an annoyance, as opposed to a FOWLR.

I’d just have to make sure I get one soon, before I have to strip tanks down to move them, that way if it’s not working out I’ll ALREADY be taking down the rock work, and won’t have to do it separately just to get it out! Lol

6 hours ago, Still_human said:

Yeah, I could see that becoming an issue in unusual circumstances, and taking apart part of the rock work in a reef would be quite an annoyance, as opposed to a FOWLR.

I’d just have to make sure I get one soon, before I have to strip tanks down to move them, that way if it’s not working out I’ll ALREADY be taking down the rock work, and won’t have to do it separately just to get it out! Lol

It could also make it easier to catch. ;-) Just let it jam itself into a cranny and lift the rock out - fish and all. *Gotcha*

On 11/19/2019 at 4:39 PM, Origami said:

It could also make it easier to catch. ;-) Just let it jam itself into a cranny and lift the rock out - fish and all. *Gotcha*

Lol true, if u can get to the rock!