Outlaw's 135g

steveoutlaw

Well, I did it........I took the plunge. I just finished putting water in it so here are a couple of pics of where I am now.

Full tank

135gFull2.jpg

Right Side

135gRightSide.jpg

Going to get the plumbing going tonight. More pics to come later.

****A big thanks to Jenny and Edwardj for helping me move the tank. Couldn't have done it without you.

I set it up where my 120g used to be in my basement. I've got a lot of work to do on the stand and canopy and I have to transfer my 65g over. My 2nd T5 fixture should be here this week. Right now I'm planning on swapping 5-10g per day between my 65g and the 135g. Once the new T5 fixture gets here I should be ready to make the swap.

Ok, water is clear and I'm getting ready to rockscape it. I've started with my favorite rock of the bunch!!

135g4.jpg

I'm doing 10g water switches per day between the old tank and the new tank. So far everything is looking good. I'll post more picks when I get the right side rock scaped.

looking good,.

now if I may I have one observation, although it is your favorite piece of rock when standing alone it looks like a totem. perhaps adding some small rocks around it will make it stand even more and give an impressive look to the tank.... just my 2

Don't just add some around the base :blush: That's kinda well.. you know...

Dave

Ok, I've made a little progress. I'm having a little trouble getting one of my lights to sit right but I'll get that fixed eventually. Here is what it looked like when the actinics came on this morning:

Full Tank Shot

8-13FullTank.jpg

Left Side

8-13LeftSide2.jpg

Right Side

8-13RightSide.jpg

On a good note, looks like all livestock made the move OK. I'd been switching 10g of water between the old and new tanks for the past week. I did a 30g switch yesterday when I made the move. Only time will tell if everyone stays healthy.

More to come when the main lights come on.

Guest alex wlazlak

wow. that is a beautiful tank. cant wait to see the pics of it when it gets older.

Nice setup. So you have 10 bulbs on it now?? Wished my tank was that bright. You're gonna have that blurry purple spot in your eyesight whenver you stare at your tank too long :biggrin:

I saw Steve's tank today picking up some rock and it looks really nice in person. As he said to me, his fish really are the ones that seem to be enjoying the tank the most. Everything looks great!