Hello!

Guest Chris_X

Guest Chris_X

I live in Northern VA and was told about this site by a guy I ran into in a LFS so thought I'd sign up.

Just wanted to say hi. Im sure I'll be posting alot, mainly asking for help lol.

Chris

Welcome!  You have quite a setup already!

Do check out the symposium.  You will meet tons of fellow reef keepers and have the opportunity to get lots of stuff ...

Hope to meet you there.

steve

Guest Chris_X

Thnx! I'm in my 5th month and finely feel I'm turning a good corner. I have some purple algae going =) Only fish to die had issues when I bought them but didnt realize til i got them home. Corals have done well other than a couple nasty camel shrimp I caught eating the small buttons =\

I met him and his wife at Wally's in Springfield/Annandale awhile back, cant remember his name but very nice guy and I think a member.

I do visit Dale City Petco but rarely feel I should buy a fish from them lol. The flame angel I bought from them never hit the water =) Still in the bag. They get a shipment on Thursday so I will be stopping in after work. Hope to catch a brittle star and in the bag would be sweet.

BTW, I have a feather duster that seems to have a split in the tube but luckly the sand is high enough it seems to be supporting it and doing fine. It has gotten big.

Thnx peeps!

Oh, and I live in Montclair, just south of DC/Woodbridge area =)

Now I see...u are the guy Steve talks about =) I made a big post on your site right before u changed it. Nice to talk to u. Your tanks are smokin! Very impressed with the wealth of knowledge u have on your site. Very nice!

I met someone at Wallys and recommended this site but that was quite a while ago.  if that was you, I am glad you took my advice and welcome; if that was someone else... weclome anyway!

Purple algae growing after 5 months is a good sign, keep it up!

Guest Chris_X

At Wally's, it was awhile ago. I had my wife and two kids with me if that helps.

Anyway, thnx for the nice welcome tng

Guest Chris_X

Checkin it out, sweet site! I really like that most peeps are local.

My friends just don't appreciate the reef tank...their loss. I love it! I never get enough of looking at coral pics =)

Thnx Gator!

fsh2]]

You have found your new home in cyberspace.  Welcome.

Really try to make the spring symposium at the end of June- well worth attending.  We also have a members only section of the website where most of the trading and selling takes place.  Look for the upcoming tanks tours as well as other social type events we are working on such as a building party, etc.

Michael

Guest Chris_X

Thnx again peeps! I think I really did find a new cyber home, other than my extreme online gaming lol. Just been real busy at work and home. The wife has been away for training for two weeks so I was the single dad =\ hehe. She's back, thank god, lol.

I look forward to meeting with u guys. Late June may not be best. I do the Budd's Creek pro motocross weekend on fathers day weekend every year and it can be costly. I'm sure I'll be seeing u guys soon.

Again, thnx!

fsh2]]