My Fish eating lunch

paul b

They are having clams (that I buy live and freeze) Mysis and LRS food.  They get this every day but I switch the clams for live worms every other day or so.
I don't remember how old the copperband is but he was as big as a nickel or quarter when I got him maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  The fireclown is about 26 and I forget when I got the mandarin but he was also years ago.

Wow, and I thought I was overfeeding my fish.............I have five small-medium sized fish, and I feed them one cube of PE mysis or a chunk of Reef Frenzy a day. I rarely feed pellets and never flakes.

Very healthy lunch for (obviously) very healthy fish.  :clap:   

Thank you.  If you notice, especially in the beginning those "flimsy" pieces of food he likes the best is clam.  I freeze it and shave off tissue thin pieces of it.  He can, and does eat large pieces of it because I cut it so thin.  You can't do that with a fresh clam but it is easy with a big, frozen clam.  The rest of the food, mostly LRS food he also loves but some of the pieces are a little to big and while he is chewing, he seems to get mad because the other fish are eating the rest of the food.  He is a big hog. :rolleyes:

Had a copperband about a year before breaking down the tank and selling him, and the way I got him to eat initially was to put an open clam or mussel at the bottom of the tank for him to pick at while I was gone, and then weaned him onto lrs, and finally other frozen foods. He ended up being a fat, healthy pig, but it was the cbb chapter in Paul's book that really helped get that guy started. Fwiw, one clam goes a long way