RLSS replacement pump issue

epleeds

My 6i skimmer pump (dc3000) has taken a crap on me. The skimmer pump won’t rotate even though I have taken everything apart and cleaned it. The pump controller lights up but for some reason the shaft won’t spin.

Does anyone know what replacement pump I can use for the skimmer that will be a direct fit.

I have Marie injectors you can use on a regular pump to supply the skimmer. Imo they are better than needle wheels anyways.

Not sure what marine injectors are. I was told by the RLSS rep that the dc-3000 motorblock is dead and I need a new pump.

I need a pump that can fit in this skimmer. Do u have something?

Mazzei injectors let air into the pumps line to make a skimmer bubble. The bubbles are smaller than a needle wheel and you can use them on any skimmer. If it's an internal skimmer pump inside the body of the skimmer I am not sure how you would run it though.

• 2 years later...
Not sure what marine injectors are. I was told by the RLSS rep that the dc-3000 motorblock is dead and I need a new pump.

I need a pump that can fit in this skimmer. Do u have something?

Did you end up finding a replacement? My pump will turn off on its own if I increase power last the level 2 setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I ended up buying a new skimmer. RLSS said that they were 2 months from getting the new pump. They might have them in stock now. It’s been a while since I posted this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 12:06 AM, epleeds said:

No. I ended up buying a new skimmer. RLSS said that they were 2 months from getting the new pump. They might have them in stock now. It’s been a while since I posted this. 

Actually I've been looking for parts for this skimmer too. When did you reach out to them and when did you get that information about the new pumps?