Professional tank movers?

Waynel333

Hello everyone,

I've recently moved back to the area after spending about 16 years in LA.  I'm getting a couple of large tanks made, one glass and the other acrylic, and I was wondering if anyone knows of an experienced tank movers?

The aquariums, sumps, and stands will be delivered to my driveway and I will need movers to carry them around back to my basement door.  The glass tank will be around 600lbs., and 300lbs, for the acrylic.  So I'm assuming I'll need at least 6-8 guys with those heavy duty suction handle things.

Any info would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

~ W

I used Tanks for your Business up in Gaithersburg.  Their number is: 301-654-3474.  I used them when my basement flooded and I had to move the tank from where it resided in the basement to a room in the basement that was not impacted by the flood.  They did the tear down, move, and set back up in the new area and then did the same thing in reverse when the basement was fixed.

Not sure if you are just looking for them to move the tank or move and setup.  They were very professional and did a fantastic job.  I still use them for monthly tank maintenance. 

I recently had some professional movers (not TANK movers) move a 265 gallon tank (400 lbs) into my house and downstairs into the basement (3x). Yes 3x. I purchased a USED 265 which they carried into my basement. Then I purchased a NEW 265, so they brought the old one out of my basement and then the new one back down into my basement. I provided the suction cups. They told me not to call them when I move, lol

Not sure where you are located. I’m in Montgomery County.

PM if interested and I can give you the owner’s cell #

• 2 weeks later...

I used Mighty Men Moving to move my 220 gallon from my garage to my office. They managed with just 4 but there were no stairs. This thing is super heavy though! 535 lbs 1/2” glass eurobraced top and bottom.

The thing that really got me with the move was minimum hours. It only took about 40 minutes, but there’s a minimum 2 hr charge. Worth it to me for the peace of mind on an insured move the day the tank arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro