Help!! Gate valves, ball valves, WYE check valve, unions

Newbie012000

Hey everyone. I have been planning my build and guesstimate needing approx 1 gate valve, 7 ball valves, 1 WYE check valve and about 10 unions for 1 1/2” plumbing.

I really underestimated the costs of this. I have not shopped around much. I simply used BRS as a guide.

If anyone had a good experience obtaining quality parts at a decent cost with a supplier please advise. Thx in advance

Whatever you think you'll need, get more. That's what I've found.

And yeah, plumbing can get expensive. Every time I plumb a tank, I remember how much it adds up. 

There's no need to order Schedule 80 parts as its overkill. S80 is typically used in heavy traffic areas where pieces might get bumped or kicked. I'm assuming most of this will be under cabinet, so Sched 40 should be fine.

WYE check valves tend to have clogging issues in my experience. Use a Clear True Double Union Check Valve instead. They are easily cleaned and serviceable and sold by BRS.

Gate valves are better than ball valves simply because they offer low torque and better flow characteristics.

I agree with Nuisance, Sched 40 is more than adequate...less expensive and readily available at your local HW store.  Cepex True Union from BRS is a great valve, somewhat costly, but in my experience performs with no issue.