Turn your WavySea in to a Tunze turner

Leishman

i might try something like that with my two sea swirls and seios. Not as good as a tunze but same concept here.

physigs,

I bet the seaswirls can't handle that power (it would burn out their motors)... the wavy seas are much better built than the sea swirls (I have both).

Dave

Guest Bemmer

Kind of an expensive way to do it, but hey, it looks real good!

Here's the site link

accessories_tunzeadapter_large.jpg

If you get one, Rik, let us know how you like it.

R-

If you get one, Rik, let us know how you like it.

R-

Remember we are a Wavy Sea dealer, I can get what ever is needed to make the mod.

Nice link Rik...

Dave, this has been done before with the Sea-Swirls... there are threads on RC...

I've used both the Sea Swirl for years and now the Wavy-Sea, and I really like the Wavy-Seas... Incidentally, I posted this compasison on RC... the Wavy-Sea is well worth the extra $70...

The major differences...

1. Degrees of coverage- I've always been upset with the fact that SS only rotate 90 degrees. The Wavy-Sea can do 1 degree to a full 360 at any spot you want... you set it. This has allowed me to get 180 degrees of coverage on the return to my display as opposed to the old 90 degrees I was getting with my SS.

2. Speed of rotation- The SS has a set speed, but the WS is again adjustable with 6 different rotation speeds. This is again an excellent difference.

3. Maximum flow through- I've always been upset that a SS can only handle 1150 gph in this day and age of our complex sps tanks with pumps running multiples thousands of gallons per hour. The Wavy-sea handles double... 2300 gph. Another huge advantage...

4. Size- One lesser advantage is that the unit itself is smaller and less boxy. It also is much easier to work with and adjust. I've always been paranoid messing with my SS thinking "don't void the warranty" and "how much pressure can I put on this before it breaks"

So, it's a rather simple decision. If you want to save $70 and don't mind only having 90 degress of coverage at a fixed speed with less than 1150 gph going in, than go with a Sea-Swirl. They are great devices. But if the above mentioned things are worth $70 to you, go with a Wavy-Sea. To me it's well worth it...

Copps