Red Sea ATO replacement recommendations

razzpatazzz

I have a red sea 350 (75gal) and the built in ATO has always been giving me trouble, almost never keeping up with the rate of evaporation. I'm thinking of just swapping it out to a 5 gallon jug and an ATO, any tips/recommendations on which ATO to get?

I just went the same route also on my Red Sea 250 Reefer system, Im dosing kalk in the top off water so i think the float switch and tubing is clogged up or something.  I am now using a 5g jug with the Smart ATO that i have laying around, no more filling up the tiny 2g every 1.5 day.

Tunze 3155 ha never let me down..

Seems like a solid choice from what I've red so far, probably will end up going this route. Thanks for the tip

I just went the same route also on my Red Sea 250 Reefer system, Im dosing kalk in the top off water so i think the float switch and tubing is clogged up or something.  I am now using a 5g jug with the Smart ATO that i have laying around, no more filling up the tiny 2g every 1.5 day.

Yeah, I don't but I have the same issue. I've tried fiddling with and removing the small valve and that didn't really seem to help either. Did you end up doing anything with your ATO reservoir or just leave it empty? I've seen a lot of people that turned them into refugiums, was thinking about doing something similar.

I would love to turn it into a fuge but i dont know much about plumbing and drilling glass, if you turning yours into one plesae give me some info and take some pics.  As for now , im just using a small plastic basket with rocks and macroalgae in the skimmer section.  The Red Sea ato resevoir is in the garage lol.  Good luck man !

I would love to turn it into a fuge but i dont know much about plumbing and drilling glass, if you turning yours into one plesae give me some info and take some pics.  As for now , im just using a small plastic basket with rocks and macroalgae in the skimmer section.  The Red Sea ato resevoir is in the garage lol.  Good luck man !

Haha thanks, I'm probably gonna do some research and get it cut by someone else, since I have no idea what I'm doing with power tools. I'll document the process and let you know once I decide to switch over

Not sure if you have seen this video yet or not, I couldn't really see his whole plumbing layout but I am guessing the tank drains down to the refugium and then to the sump via gravity fed so no pumps are needed, am I right? 

Not sure if you have seen this video yet or not, I couldn't really see his whole plumbing layout but I am guessing the tank drains down to the refugium and then to the sump via gravity fed so no pumps are needed, am I right? 

I haven't seen this particular one, but it does seem like it is gravity fed from the display. I was thinking about just using my media reactor's outlet and sticking that up there, if not just buying a maxijet for a feed line. I figured it would be easier than drilling an extra hole and redoing my plumbing. This definitely looks cleaner, so there's that.

The Neptune ATK has been solid for me. 

And it's separate from the neptune system? that's interesting. Thank you for the tip