All ready for triton

molcott

This week I put some baffles in a 20 gallon long for a new sump for triton which should be in tomorrow it has a 7 gallon refugium so that should be more than enough for a system of 60 total gallons I am looking forward to never having to do another water changed0b61726916a7ba374907b7a6861bd68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thats barely over 10 percent.  Anyway to increase that to 10 gallons on the fuge.  That will take you to over 16%.  20% is optimal

not at this point from everything i have read i only need 10% and does it make any difference I am doing core 7?

Not sure honestly.  They say 10 to 20% water volume for the fuge.  Iam not sure what mine is but I still need to cut out my filter sock area which will give me prob around 23%.  Iam currently working to triton but need my fuge to grow more first

Thats barely over 10 percent.  Anyway to increase that to 10 gallons on the fuge.  That will take you to over 16%.  20% is optimal

My take was that 15% would be "optimal" with 10% and 20% being the min and max (just how I perceived the recommendations, nothing I read or heard first hand). 

I’m seriously considering getting an external refuguim built and not having to worry about cramping into my sump that was not built with a refugium in mind. At the time I thought I was going with a Cheeto reactor but I can’t justify the cost!

Edited by WilRams