nano overflow?

miggs76

Wondering if anyone has any experience with nano overflows.  I have a 17 gallon ADA that is non-drillable.  I want to use an overflow and a small 10 gallon sump.  Anyone have any advice for brands they have used in the past.  Just worried a bit about possible flooding........

Wondering if anyone has any experience with nano overflows. I have a 17 gallon ADA that is non-drillable. I want to use an overflow and a small 10 gallon sump. Anyone have any advice for brands they have used in the past. Just worried a bit about possible flooding........

The eshopps or marine depot boxes are great! With the 10 gallon sump, make sure your tallest baffle is 7 inches or less for the gallon or so of back siphon that occurs during a power outage. I built a 10 gallon diy for a 55 gallon display and I get no overflows.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Had asked what's a Mame, but then looked it up. Fancy version of a PVC overflow.

Edited by treesprite

The eshopps or marine depot boxes are great! With the 10 gallon sump, make sure your tallest baffle is 7 inches or less for the gallon or so of back siphon that occurs during a power outage. I built a 10 gallon diy for a 55 gallon display and I get no overflows.

Thank you, I was wondering about those in particular.  I may go for the marine depot version.  Also, I was going to try and make my own sump.  They sell kits that fit right into 10 gallon tanks on Ebay.

Thank you, I was wondering about those in particular. I may go for the marine depot version. Also, I was going to try and make my own sump. They sell kits that fit right into 10 gallon tanks on Ebay.

Frederick Glass & Mirror Services also cuts glass baffles for about $7 per baffle or thereabouts. Avoid the acrylic kits, glass is much easier to work with and sturdier.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

+1

I started out with a Mame on my 24g.  Near silent (if you use the silencer cap) and quiet elegant ... until film algae coats it.  Had to clean it every couple of weeks. Was in a rush while taking it apart to clean it one day and inadvertently smacked the side of the sink with one of the glass tubes ... which, of course shattered and sliced my finger open.  Ordered one of the Marine Depot boxes (the nano-sized overflow box) that night and have been using it for the past year-and-a-half completely trouble free.

Edited by malacoda