RBTA color fading

razzpatazzz

I have a RBTA that currently is losing color and fading like this https://i.imgur.com/V5iGR6M.jpg

This has been the case ever since the rock the RBTA is on tipped over and changes the location of the anemone. I am guessing it is not happy with the amount of lighting or flow in his current location and I want to move it but it won't budge from the crevice it is in. Is there any way to coax it into moving out of his spot and into the main rockwork? Or could it be a completely different issue? It has not really moved during this period.

If they are unhappy they typically move on their own. I have 4 in one of my tanks. 3 haven't moved more than an inch, 1 moved constantly until it found its happy place. I would just leave it be for now and observe.

If they are unhappy they typically move on their own. I have 4 in one of my tanks. 3 haven't moved more than an inch, 1 moved constantly until it found its happy place. I would just leave it be for now and observe.

Will the anemone move across gaps in rocks or across sand? I was just worried because he looks smaller and faded in color over months without him moving at all

Here is my healthy ones. Along with a light starved one. They move across whatever they want. They outsmart me every day and they don't have a brain. If it's doing the deflating "water change" thing and gaping mouth that's worse than a no light faded nem5d384330f6ed449fba4a3b80168f5428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my healthy ones. Along with a light starved one. They move across whatever they want. They outsmart me every day and they don't have a brain. If it's doing the deflating "water change" thing and gaping mouth that's worse than a no light faded nem5d384330f6ed449fba4a3b80168f5428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. At least it sounds like it's not in a huge trouble or anything. Hopefully it recovers from whatever is causing it problems soon

My advice is leave it alone. Don't feed it. And keep things stable and happy. My light starved one pictured had came out from under that magnet there on its own. The bugger Took a week or two to figure out it wasn't getting enough light

Edited by gmerek2