Frogspawn splitting?

rockstarta78

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there's a small nub that looks like it's trying to detach from the coral. This has happened before in the same mouth. And the new nub seems to have a mouth as well. I thought it'd reattach itself to the base. Any idea what's going on with my frogspawn? Why is it trying to propagate itself? Any help would be appreciated. 7cce802c2ca6655b72367f7c3b545776.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thank you, that's what i thought as well. And that's fine, but why is it just hanging there for last few weeks? Last one fell off and now I have a small frag. Shouldn't it attach to the base?

Mine keeps braking off. Any idea what I can do so attaches to the base?

Just leave it alone. It doesn't really "attach to the base." It branches as it grows. Sometimes they will bail out and you'll find them on the sand, but most of the time they stay attached and the colony will grow many new heads over time. Mine grew from a single head to a basketball-sized colony until I cut it up and gave a lot of heads away to members last year.

Just leave it alone. It doesn't really "attach to the base." It branches as it grows. Sometimes they will bail out and you'll find them on the sand, but most of the time they stay attached and the colony will grow many new heads over time. Mine grew from a single head to a basketball-sized colony until I cut it up and gave a lot of heads away to members last year.

Ok thank you. I'll do that. Only reason I asked because I found 2 other heads on the sand bed. Was hoping it would grow bigger.

If your system is low on calcium or other trace nutrients, I suppose that could weaken the skeleton. Perhaps get some supplements if you don't already use them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If your system is low on calcium or other trace nutrients, I suppose that could weaken the skeleton. Perhaps get some supplements if you don't already use them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am dosing Kalk, and CAL is within 430 ~ 450, and ALK is 9dkh. This is the frag I got from you a while back. The frag is doing fine, I was just surprised that every few months I find a new head on the sand bed. I'll leave it alone and see what happens.