Tank Breakdown Advice

Zebrafish

Hello,

I am breaking down my 5 year old 34 reef with various soft corals, bubble tip anemones, a few hard corals, fish, and one goby/pistol shrimp pairing. I would like to do this in the best way possible for the fish, and to get them into the aquariums of other WAMAS members. Does anyone have any advice for a newbie to breaking down a tank? 

Thanks

A 34 isn't too big. Post the list of things that you have with pricing. Target getting rid of the livestock first since they rely on the biological filtration of the rock the most and produce the most waste. Equipment last. Take pictures of your livestock. Pictures help attract interested buyers. Try to line up fish buyers first, if you can. They'll be harder to catch with rock in the tank, so be prepared with some buckets and tarps so you can remove the rock and catch fish. Sell your corals and anemones with the rock. Favor buyers with interest in the whole system first, followed by all livestock, etc. Be prepared to make deals. Buyers with an interest in large chunks benefit you and the livestock, and make things easier for all concerned. That has value, so be prepared to reward them with a price break.

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk