Live Brine feeding

finaddict

I bought a bag of live brine shrimp on an impulse today. I didnt think think it through and now I am wondering if my fish will go right back to eating pellets and frozen food after I give them live shrimp. I will skip feeding them live shrimp if it is going to screw up their routine and spoil them!

Any issue with feeding live shrimp occasionally?

I have fed mine live brine shrimp a few times and it hasn't been an issue. I have mostly tangs.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I feed my fish pellets, nori, mysis, LRS, and live blackworms. They all eat like pigs and have no issues when I run out of blackworms and delay in buying more.

Any issue with feeding live shrimp occasionally?

No issues; your fish will go back to pellets or whatever just fine.

But the best use of brine shrimp is to let them gorge on something nutritious, like phytoplankton or Selcon, and then feed them to your fish.  Brine shrimp by themselves don't provide much nutrition.  

How and what do you feed the shrimp?

My fish didn't let any of those poor shrimp live more than about 5 seconds!! My kids enjoyed watching the feeding. My corals kept the ones I fed them too.

You can crush up flake food to nearly microscopic dust. Or reef roids. Just don't feed a whole lot because chances are the container they are kept in isn't cycled. I put them in a larger container in the same water the fish are in (leftover water change saltwater) and it seems to help them last longer