Vertex dosing container 5L garbage - dont buy!!!

harticus5

I just want to share....I just bought a vertex dosing container 5L.....the tubing connection to these are garbage and will not hold a seal, which draws in to much air, preventing the pump from being able to prime and dose......I specifically bought this due to the 5L size......the "john gust" is a major flow to these units.

Shame on vertex!!! Otherwise the container body itself is well built.

I've never had problems with John Guest fittings giving a good seal. Make sure that you're using the right size tubing, cut it square, and push it all the way in. Then, give it a slight pull back so it grips tight. Maybe that will help. You may be able to get a new fitting at HD or Lowe's if it's a defective fitting.

Sent from my phone

For now I actually super-glued around the tubing connection to get a good enough seal for it to work...,,,,I think epoxy would of worked better, unfortunately I was out and didn't want to wait 2 days for more to arrive. Ridiculous having to modify something straight out of the box! I have to say other then the poo-poo connection, the unit itself looks good.

I was coming from a Skimz DB4, which had small acrylic tube connections which work 110% perfect, with perfect instant seal. I only gave it up due to the smaller storage containers.

I am definitely using the right size tubing, it fits my dosing pump perfectly.....I fooled around with it for 20min....I already did all the items you mentioned....It still pulled air.....glue around the top connection where the tube enters was the only way I was able to get it to work.