Algae ID please

rockstarta78

lol i got same thing in my tank about 2 months ago when i first set up .  i did carbon , gfo, and the product call 

Marine SAT Biological Clarifier i dosed 2 weeks everything gone . i saw quantum reef had them yesterday 

lol i got same thing in my tank about 2 months ago when i first set up . i did carbon , gfo, and the product call Marine SAT Biological Clarifier i dosed 2 weeks everything gone . i saw quantum reef had them yesterday

Thing is my tank had been running for over a year. Recently I just re washed my rocks worth agent green to remove phosphate. And these algae is all over the place. Did your marine SAT work?

Thing is my tank had been running for over a year. Recently I just re washed my rocks worth agent green to remove phosphate. And these algae is all over the place. Did your marine SAT work?

Yes it work . I highly recommend. You can see differences around 3-4 day and everything gone after second dose it is around mean 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is what I had a few months ago, but it did have bubbles. It was brown, stringy, and some bubbles, so I thought it was dinos. Good thing I didn't do any chemical treatments for it. It did not come back after I scrubbed all the rock with a toothbrush.

I think R2R had a big thread about dinos and identifying them and distinguishing between them and cyano which sometimes looks similar.  If you get some in a clear glass and stir it all up so you can't see it one or the other will clump back together into stringy colonies.  If you search you can find the thread, but I don't remember which it is.