Foxface needs qt expert

nextlevel808

I have a 6" foxface I've had for 2.5 years. I added a new fish about 2 months ago from a recommended dealer that says they qt the fish before sells. Since then my foxface I have not personally seen my foxface eat which it use to devour food. It has to be eating because it's lasted the last 2 months. It seems to show signs of maybe ich or white spots. Also now has scratched up nose and mouth area and really at times almost seems blind. I really have no clue what is going on with it but looking for someone with a setup QT tank as I don't have one. I would be will to give fish away if someone would take the time and try and treat and make fish happy again. Please message me if your interested. Thanks in advance and sorry I will not mention the dealer though.

Come on really with all the experts on here no one is willing to help try and save a fish? This is pretty much the exact reason I let my paid membership run out because unless your a select few no one is willing to help out. Sorry I figured since this is a local reefing and saltwater forum I would get some help. Sorry to post my frustration but in the end I'm only trying to save the fish as I don't have a qt tank setup or if did wouldn't know where or how to start. I don't know enough about parasites or diseases to know what I'm dealing with.

hi joe, I'm glad. some more information and photos would be helpful. do you have any photos of the foxface and it's symptoms? it sounds like the new addition has caused some stress in the tank sufficient that the foxface is perhaps injuring itself on rockwork or perhaps a bacterial issue but photos and more detail would greatly help. what size tank is this in? there isn't much reason quarantine and treat that single fish unless you plan on doing so for the entire tank as most issues would just reoccur as the issue stays present in your system. you may try to isolate it your tank with a large acclimation box so that you can ensure it is eating and watch closely and keep stress minimal from other tankmates, as well.

Edited by monkiboy

I have a 6" foxface I've had for 2.5 years. I added a new fish about 2 months ago from a recommended dealer that says they qt the fish before sells. Since then my foxface I have not personally seen my foxface eat which it use to devour food. It has to be eating because it's lasted the last 2 months. It seems to show signs of maybe ich or white spots. Also now has scratched up nose and mouth area and really at times almost seems blind. I really have no clue what is going on with it but looking for someone with a setup QT tank as I don't have one. I would be will to give fish away if someone would take the time and try and treat and make fish happy again. Please message me if your interested. Thanks in advance and sorry I will not mention the dealer though.

Yes, more information would help.

What is the new fish? Does it show signs of stress or disease? Has it been fighting with the Foxface?

Have you noticed any other changes in your tank?

hi joe, I'm glad. some more information and photos would be helpful. do you have any photos of the foxface and it's symptoms? it sounds like the new addition has caused some stress in the tank sufficient that the foxface is perhaps injuring itself on rockwork or perhaps a bacterial issue but photos and more detail would greatly help. what size tank is this in? there isn't much reason quarantine and treat that single fish unless you plan on doing so for the entire tank as most issues would just reoccur as the issue stays present in your system. you may try to isolate it your tank with a large acclimation box so that you can ensure it is eating and watch closely and keep stress minimal from other tankmates, as well.

This is an excellent idea if you cant have a QT tank. You can also feed the foxface medicated food to help boost the immune system.

Joe- bring it by the shop and we will put it into QT for 2 weeks. System is currently empty.

Thanks Rob I sent you a pm